TWENTY NINE

The man turned around and Jeongyeon peeked confirming it's really her ex.

"If you love your life, leave us," the creepy psycho threatened facing Taehyung.

Without any word, Taehyung punched the guy in the stomach and the man groaned in pain. Then a fight happened. There was an exchange of kicks and punches and Jeongyeon was speechless and scared at the same time seeing Taehyung fall on the ground for several times. She called for a police rescue and luckily, some patrollers are in the area. The culprit was arrested and Taehyung was brought into the nearest hospital. She filed a complaint against her attacker and right after, she rushed to the hospital finding Taehyung lying on the bed inside a public ward. He is being treated by a nurse, stitching the cut near his right eye. He is screaming in pain and Jeongyeon felt guilty though she wanted to tell herself that he deserves that remembering the harassment he did to her last month. She stayed there just watching him. She doesn't know what to do really... Will she go near him and comfort him? Will she say her thanks to him? If she would, will it be awkward?

Jeongyeon was about to just leave but her conscience is killing her. She needs to say thank you at least so she waited till the nurse is done giving him the first aid. When the hospital staff left Taehyung, she walked towards his bed.

When their eyes met, Jeongyeon immediately averted. This is awkward. She sighed deeply still battling if she's going to thank him. There was silence as she looks at everywhere till she finally decided to look at him in the eyes again.

"How are you?" she started asking in her monotone voice.

He gave her a closed smile and answers, "My eye hurts but I am okay... I am okay now."

She nodded, her face is blank, there was no trace of care, it was just her conscience making her stay there.

"I will pay the bill. Just go home after," she coldly said.

Taehyung's smile faded, "I've got my body hurt because of you."

Hearing those words, something in Jeongyeon felt irritated, "So you are blaming me, huh?" she raised a brow.

"No, I mean, can you just show some care?"

"Care? What do you want me to do? Feed you? Comfort you? Do you think that after what you've done to me, I will be okay with you? You harassed me a month ago, remember? You deserve that."

"Look, I am sorry. I am sorry for everything."

"It is not enough. If you want an affection, find yourself a girlfriend because I am already taken and I am happy with him. Anyway, thank you for saving me. Like what I've said, I'll pay the bill. I need to go."

Before she can make a move to turn away, Taehyung called her name, "Jeongyeon..."

"What?" she blurts out so annoyed.

"Can we talk properly?"

"And what are we going to talk about?" she said crossing her arms.

"Us."

"There's no more 'us' Mr. Kim."

"No, I mean, can we just start afresh as friends? I get it, you have moved on from me. You love Jimin and you are his. I already accepted that. I also want to start my life all over again. I regretted what I did to you, everything. I am truly sorry for that, to you, to Jimin. Believe me, I am trying to move forward but I can't do that without your forgiveness. My conscience is killing me and you are right I deserve this," he gestures pointing at his cut and bruises. "I am really sorry Jeongyeon. Will you forgive me?"

"Forgiveness is not cheap Mr. Kim. I won't give it so easily just because you want to start anew. Things can't go like how you want it to be. Just because you asked for it, it doesn't mean that you would get it. It doesn't work that way Mr. Kim. You have to realize that."