Goals for School 📖📍

The original one was by donttouchmyafro. That is the person's Instagram and Pinterest. As always, I just edited it to fit my book and to go a bit more in depth.

✋🏽 This chapter kinda lengthy. Feel free to skip around if you want. I just don't recommend it because a lot of people need people to give them examples, stories, or reasons to why something works. Whether they realize they need them or not.

I can not stress more about the importance of doing good in school. As I get older, I regret not doing certain opportunities that could have helped me because I just wanted to sit around at home or have a "proper high school experience". I don't care if you in elementary, middle, or high school or college. Study! Pay attention! Get your work done! Don't sit around being rude to the teachers, or skipping class every day or not doing your work. No! No! You gonna regret that when you a Senior and you can't graduate because you flunked Algebra in your Freshman year. I promise you.

Now, despite what I said, you can still relax. You can still go out with friends or family. Honestly, skipping class once or twice, maybe even three times, (on days you know you not going over new material) is not gonna kill you. Just don't slack off in school. If you know you don't have your homework or make up work done, then don't skip class or go out. I pay attention in class, ask questions, and take good notes because what I pay attention to, I remember. I could tell you exactly what I wrote and what page and line it was on when I actually pay attention (only with things I write, not type). I only need to study over difficult things once or twice a week for an hour minimum. And I do my homework in homeroom (Idk if your homerooms make you do work, but mine didn't) or classes where I have nothing to do in.

I remember hearing someone say something along the lines of, "Work hard on yourself and the people you want will come to you." As of, don't chase people. As you progress in life and yourself, the right people will come to you. Do your work, don't chase partners. This doesn't mean that if someone approaches you, completely ignore them because you wanna work on yourself. No. Don't ignore people.

No procrastination!

📈 No skipping class!
- I've only missed class where I know for a fact we not doing nothing in there. Other then that, I'm always in class and you should be too. I never, ever skipped class I knew I needed help in. I needed to be in every, single math class.

Stop copying off your friends!
- You not learning anything.

📈 Study more and study better!
- Opening up a book and skimming through it doesn't count as studying. The whole point of studying is to learn more. If you aren't learning while you're studying, try new methods.

Stop cramming information!
- You not learning anything and it does more harm then good. I get headaches when I try to cram things, I don't know about anyone else. Then when I need the information, I go blank.

📈 Get organized!

Increase GPA!
- Grade Point Average. This little scale of 1.0 to 4.0 (for me at least) (it goes to 5.0 for our honor, advanced, dual enrollment, advanced dual enrollment, and early college classes) can get you places academically, especially for college. I'd recommend B's and A's to be in the 3.0 to 4.0 range.

📈 Pass every class!
- There are a lot of students who didn't take certain classes serious, and once they became a Senior, they couldn't graduate because they failed a certain class. A lot of Seniors regret what they did or didn't do in their Freshmen year and it comes back and bite them, hard.

Pay attention (stop zoning out)!

📈 Raise your hand more!
- For this one, it is good to be more interactive in school. I personally hate attention and eyes on me, but I still raise my hand these days. I spent from my first grade to my tenth grade year not raising my hand and just waiting for other people to ask my question or get the answer. (I remember this one time no one in my class knew the answer, but I did. We sat there for like thirty minutes because "no one" knew the answer.) I just think back at how my life would've been easier if I raised my hand. If you truly can't handle it, then don't. Wait until after class and ask questions.

Leave your phone alone in class!
- My school allowed phones inside, I'm not sure how many do and don't. It is worth it to pay attention to your teacher rather then your phone. For those of you who schools don't allow phones. Don't sneak them in. It is not gonna kill you to leave it at home and come back to it. Its gonna hurt when they take it and you don't even have it at home.

📈 Ask your teachers lots of questions!
- Questions relevant to the subject. Don't play.

Do extra credit work!
- Its worth it. I even do it and my GPA usually around a 3.5 and higher. Just do at least one for each class. More if you know you need it. Remember, extra credit doesn't weigh the same as your regular grade. For me (from what I remember), daily grades are 50%, tests are 25%, and exams (we do tests every nine weeks) are 25% of our total grade. Extra credit is at least 2% or, rarely, 5%. It is just a small boost for your class grade.

📈 Stay focused!

Be on time!
- Get there before the bell rings.

📈 Write down every due date.
- Optional. It helps for people who tend to forget things.

Try your best!

📈 Get extra help if you need it!
- I used to be embarrassed to get help because I'm the "smart girl" in class. Don't be. It doesn't benefit you. I started asking for help in eighth grade. Don't wait.

Let go of toxic friends and drama!
- Its not worth beefing with people you probably not gonna see in five years. What a waste of life.

📈 Let go of distractions!
- Okay. Be careful with this one. Sometimes friends, family, and lovers can be distractions. Don't drop them. Set boundaries with them so they don't become distractions.

Eat breakfast every morning!
- I have a bad habit of skipping meals because I'm "not hungry" (Which isn't true because my body always needs to eat, whether I feel it or not.), I don't want to cook, or I "don't have anything to cook" (Which also isn't true. I have plenty to cook, I just don't.) Eating a good breakfast starts my day, and from previous days or day of not eating, helps me feel hunger in the middle of the day which encourages me to eat. It also helps me focus after eating. It keeps me from being dreary.

📈 Have snack and water in between classes!
- My school allows small snacks. Eat and drink water between classes to keep you energized.

Get involved in school activities!
- I remember a college student saying that its more likely for someone with A's, B's, and C's and three extra curricular activies are more likely to get into college then a straight A student with no extra curricular activities. It shows you can have a good balance in your activities/life. Its also good to be involved in your school.

📈 Motivate and push yourself!

Don't get discouraged!

📈 Take breaks when needed!

Get enough sleep (at least 7 hours)!

📈 Make yourself and your parents proud!

I'd really appreciate it if you guys vote/like any chapter that was useful to you and if you guys comment things you'd like to see in the future. It would really help me out.