Studying Tips 📚✏

~ Set days and times that you want to study. These times should be something where you will always have this time to study. The only excuse, that you will avoid, should be that you just don't want to.

~ No distracting music. You don't want to go from math to dancing around your room 😅. If you need a little noise then play nature sounds, or wordless music.

~ You need to set up a location where you will always study. Nothing else but your studying material should be in this place. No extra clutter.

~ You should get away from people. They can be distracting.

~ Phone off!!

~ No bed! You may think you can focus, but you will either fall asleep or fail to retain what you need.

~ No TV or extra technology.

~ Prepare the websites and sources you will use beforehand at some point.

~ Focus. Seems simple, but its not for a lot of people. There is only so much time that the brain can focus. Try to focus for 30 minutes straight with a 10 minute break. Your break should not be distracting to the point where you'd rather "break" then work. Grab a small snack like fruit or something. Nothing to big.

~ Have faith in yourself. Not everyone learns the same, so don't beat yourself up if it took you an hour to learn a math equation and your friend, or someone you know, took a few minutes. All that matters is that you get it.

~ ACT: Remember that they won't penalize you for wrong choices. Practice timed tests. Don't spend long on one question when you test. Expand your vocabulary. Stay calm, don't panic. Mark the most chosen answer choice if you run low on time (so if the majority of your answers for the English part is D, mark D for the rest if you don't have time left to finish)

~ SAT: I haven't taken the SAT nor do I plan to, but I remember seeing something that said that it does penalize you for wrong answer choices so leave uncertain ones blank.

~ Read more novels and play Sudoku more. I've experienced a period where I stopped reading as much and my grades, sense, and everything slipped. I was shocked. I never believed that stuff. Reading and playing Sudoku, especially Killer Sudoku, really keeps the mind sharp. Reading, common sense, and the ability to put two and two together (Like you know what this word means so the answer has to be something similar. It applies to math too.) is KEY to making A's and passing test. (Take it from the girl who makes A's in AP/Honor classes but rarely studies. Don't follow after my rarely studying, I just study for the ACT and math because I lack in that subject though I'm a bit ahead in math in school. I'm just academically inclined in school. Just because you may not be it doesn't mean you're stupid or something. I will argue you down on this.)

I'd really appreciate it if you guys vote/like any chapter that was useful to you and if you guys comment things you'd like to see in the future. It would really help me out.