Survival?

"No blame me please" I beg and he shakes head with sweet smile "resent me, give up on me Zhan, so you can live" blood trails slowly slides down on his snowy neck, as knife cuts the skin and coldness runs through my whole body, feeling I'm about to faint. I dig nails into my palms, to cause pain, to stay awake so he won't feel lonely while taking last breath "me, kill me, stop torturing my Zhan" I keep whispering and lose very last hope when suddenly door widely opens. Zhan falls down as dad is forced to let go and loud sound of gunshot startles me, unable to understand what is happening I look up at young man standing in front of me and realize my legs isn't tied with chain anymore.

"help please" without caring who he is I raise my hands and he quickly cuts handcuffs too "Gege" I scream and crawl towards Zhan, removing my father's unconscious body from him I take Zhan in my embrace and try to stop the bleeding "don't you dare, you aren't allowed to die. live and take revenge on me, it's only me... reason of every your suffering. open your beautiful eyes I beg you, I would rather see hate in them than watch closed forever, you can't...you can't leave me all alone, please Zhan" his fingers slightly moves between my palms and someone holds my shoulders, shaking me roughly

"Try to pull yourself together Mr Wang, there is no time for this we have to leave"

"But"

"I'm familiar with this kind of situations, cut on his neck doesn't seem very deep, I think he passed out due to strong shock. Here use this for the time being" he gives me handkerchief and I put it on Zhan's wound, other guards help me to lift him up and my stare freezes at dad who isn't moving all those time

"He is alive if you're worrying, I just hit his nape with pistol grip"

"Worrying?" The fact how absurdly this sounds makes me laugh loudly and grab his collar, feeling insane anger and hatred filling my mind "Kill...please kill him right now" guard's eyes widens and he avoids my stare, do I look like insane?

"I only got order to save Mr Xiao, not to kill someone, if willing this much do it yourself"

"fuck it" I quickly take gun from his belt and aim it at dad's head, trying to stop my shaking hands. I didn't know then... that those few seconds of hesitation... was going to remain as one of the greatest regret of my life. You have to do it Yibo, you have to end everything, not your father, after everything he had done to you he isn't your father anymore, I nonstop keep telling myself and the scenes of him tormenting us repeats in my mind. The moment I deeply breath in and put finger on the trigger, he suddenly opens eyes and my hands shivers, loud sound of gun fills the room and strong smell of the powder makes me tremble. Dragged back by guards I can't even see if it was successful shot and honestly I'm not even sure what I was truly wishing for at that moment.

"Hurry up, more his men are coming, we all are going to die here if not leave right now"

"Alright" I use remaining energy and follow two guards back, who are carrying Zhan. I hold his tiny hand between my palms and control it's heart rate and warmness, as long as he is alive...everything, I can endure absolutely everything. After few minutes of walking we reach big van and I get in, carefully placing Zhan's head on my lap. He yelps from pain as his bleeding back touches the seat and I bend down, caressing his face with my lips, he shouldn't...he should never experience this kind of violence again, only because of me already forgotten nightmare came back in his life. Even you do gege, how am I going to forgive myself?

Driver starts the engine and only after car moves I believe we really survived but thanks to who? Zhan lowly moans and noticing his pale lips I remember our condition, looking around I can't find anything and pat on the partition wall which separates us from the front seats