First Meetings

flashback

*****

"congratulations on your graduation Zhan" roommate pats my shoulder and smiles "sadly we couldn't talk much cause of being too busy by studying but still it was nice knowing you"

"thank you so much for everything and best luck in your life and career" I return the smile and take my luggage, leaving the dorm. can I say my college period was happy? kind of, at least I wasn't bullied like in the school, almost no one knew about my family situation. but I was truly missing the home and mom, her warm embraces, her delicious spicy meal. I'm waving my hand and get in the bus feeling so excited to return, who could imagine this day which was supposed to be happy and memorable one, was going to turn into nightmare. 

after a few hours of riding, I'm walking towards my home when suddenly car brakes next to me, thinking they have something to ask I stop, but middle aged beefy man who gets off roughly grabs my wrist and I gasp from pain

"what are you doing, let me go"

"are you Xiao Zhan?"

"so what?"

"you have to follow me"

"who the hell are you" I'm trying to free myself but having too slim build he easily wins over me and drags me into car. being totally clueless about the situation, I only sense something when see written line at the building he brought me at.

"are you... loan shark?" 

"bingo" he grins and throws me in his cabinet, smell of tobacco and sweat makes me dizzy and run towards window to take a deep breath "you have such a stubborn mom, don't you think I have waited for too long?"

"what are you talking about?"

"see you really don't know anything, are you this stupid little boy? what did you think about college fees? could her silly jobs pay it?"

"but mom... she told me I got into special program, I didn't..." my hands starts shaking and look at the paper he just handed to me "this is... too much"

"really? I know right"

"I mean the interest, it's too much for this amount of money, you can't do that. this is unfair, I'll..." 

"what will you do?" he grabs my neck and pushes me at the wall "do you have any legal document?  don't show off your brain in front of me, is useless now. here, everything works in different way"

"I'll, I'll work and pay back, just...please don't harm mom" 

"such a pity, I can't believe" first strong punch throws me down and I can feel taste of blood in my mouth "seems like she didn't understand, so I have no other choice. your mommy gonna do everything cause of her precious son no?" I yelp from the pain when he keeps kicking my stomach and fold my body, totally unable to protect myself. I feel too weak and tiny and this makes me cry out from frustration

"please stop, it hurts... dad, help me dad" without realizing I call out the words, was always using while hurting something or just craving for the attention, so he would run immediately and take me in warmth and tight embrace, gosh how I wish to be still kid now, how much I need his protection now

"Dad? Ah I had heard about that ass fucker"

"don't you dare, don't mention him like this" why everyone keeps dirtying my precious memories about him?