Part 1: New Life

THE SEQUEL: Please read first story on my profile page first!

Zoey narrates.

I'm busy in the kitchen, when I feel a strong arm grip around the front of my waist. I smile, as he kisses the back of my neck, and then the sides, moving his body closer to mine.

He spins me around so I'm facing him, as I drape my arms loosely around his neck, leaning up and kissing him, softly, but deepening it, as he lifts me on to the kitchen counter, and I wrap my legs around his body, laughing.

He continues kissing me, rubbing his hand against my soft, exposed thigh. I move away from his lips and kiss his neck, just below his ear, moving back up to his face and kissing him all over, as he laughs.

We pull apart and gaze into each other's eyes, the connection so deep.

'I love you.'
_____

This was my new life now. One year post college, I'm living with the love of my life, my best friend Aaron, in our beautiful apartment overlooking the city. The perks of my job at Vogue...did I mention I work at there?!

A few months ago, I landed my dream job as an editor at Vogue. It was tough, and took a lot of hard work and dedication, but I did it. None of this would have been possible without Aaron's support though. He was still working at my dad's company, Stevens and Lido, and had recently been promoted. I was so proud of him.

It had been a year since Aaron proposed to me. With everything going on with our careers and moving into our apartment, we just hadn't had the time to even think about our wedding, until now.

_____

This morning, Ana arrives at our place super early.

'Morning!' She says, as I open the door. She hugs me before coming inside and placing a huge board and a pile of folders on the dining table.

'What's all this?' I ask, confused.

'The wedding plans...you didn't forget we were finalising everything today, did you?' She asks, flustered.

'No...I remembered.' I lie.

Ana got in touch with her creative side and has been planning weddings and events since college.

Aaron walks into the lounge, and snakes an arm around my waist, standing beside me.

'Hey! It's great that you're here, Aaron! I need you both to decide on your venue, flowers and decor before I make some phone calls.' Ana says, flicking through her folders.

'Thanks, but I'm leaving the wedding planning to Zoey. I've got to get to work.' He says, laughing, before turning to look at me.

'I'll see you later?' He asks, leaning down to kiss my lips, softly.

I smile at him.

'Don't forget, you're meeting me at the wedding boutique this evening. I want you to see the dress.' I say, and he nods, before leaving.

I smile to myself, and Ana notices.

'I'm so happy for you, Zo. Truly. This is going to be great.' She says, as we get to work.

_____

Later that afternoon, Ana and I head to the boutique to see my dress. We arrive and meet the rest of our girls - Nomi, Jazz, Sky and Jillian.

I embrace them all in a quick hug.

'How exciting is this?' Jillian says, pouring us all a drink.

'I can't wait to see how the dress looks, Zoey!' Jazz adds.

'I'm nervous for you all to see it...' I say, as they push me away, into the dressing room.

A few minutes later, I emerge from the curtains slowly, as they gasp.

'Oh my god...'

'Zoey...'

I stand in the centre of the room. The dress is satin and white with long sleeves, the chest area exposed with lace embroidery around the edge, and a wide train at the back of the dress.

'What do you think?' I ask, nervously.

'It's beautiful. You're beautiful!' Nomi says, tearfully, as she hugs me.

'Sky...are you crying?' I ask, laughing.

'No! I'm just...it's so...' She brushes it off and hugs me instead.

'Zoey, it's perfect.' Jazz says.

'Thank you...I can't wait for Aaron to see it.' I reply, as they continue to gush over the dress, and my heart feels so full.

A little while after, the girls leave and I wait around for Aaron, picking my veil.

I head into the dressing room to place it on my head, and I hear Aaron calling my name.

'Zoey?...' He says.

I step out of the dressing room, smiling nervously.

'Hey.' I say.

He looks me up and down, speechless.

'You...wow...' He says, still staring at me, his eyes fixed.

He walks over to me and strokes the dress.

'You look perfect. I love it.' He says, as he takes my face in his hands.

'Everyone's going to be looking at you, but I know that you're all mine.' He says, as I laugh.

I lean up and kiss his lips, firmly, and he reciprocates, placing his hands on the small of my back and deepening the kiss.

I finally pull away.

'I can't wait to marry you.'

_____