-1-

"Get out! I gave you too many chances!" The landlord yelled as he proceeded to try to kick you out of your apartment. He grabbed your suitcase and began opening your drawers, throwing your clothes and things into the suitcases.

"I said that I would have it in a few days!" You rose your voice, trying to convince the landlord to let you stay for a little longer. You took your clothes out of the suitcases and threw them back into your drawer.

"I don't want it in a few days, I want it now!" He yelled, putting his hands on his hips. "You've missed out on 3 months of rent! Either you give it to me now, or you leave!" He held his hand out, waiting for you to put money into it.

You sighed and picked up the pile of clothes that you had previously thrown onto the bed and threw them into your suitcase. The landlord looked you up and down before kissing his teeth and walking out of your bedroom.

"I want you out before midnight!" He slammed your door shut, causing your clock to fall onto the ground. You sat down on your bed, looking at your now disheveled room. You felt your eyes swell up, blinking back the tears. Your lip quivered causing you to bite your bottom lip, trying hard to refrain yourself from crying.

You rubbed your eyes, wiping away the tears as you packed away your belongings. You gave your previously owned key to the landlord as you used a trolley to bring your things to your car. You took a deep breath, wondering where you were gonna go.

- - -

"Damn, he kicked you out for real?" Your little sister Naomi, asked while on FaceTime with her.

"Yes!" You answered, crying in front of her. You sat in your car with all of your belongings crowding around you.

"Just move in with me." You side-eyed your sister with irritation in your eyes, sniffling.

"You live with 5 other girls." She nodded, realizing that she shouldn't have suggested that. "Plus, what would it look like for the older sibling to move in with the younger one." You had too much pride to let yourself be helped in such a way by your younger siblings.

"Where are you right now?" Your sister moved her neck, trying to look at your surroundings.

"I'm at a motel." You pressed the button to turn your camera and showed your sister the parking lot.

"Y/N no, you not moving into a motel-"

"Nobody moving into no motel." You cut her off. "I'm just staying here until I find a place."

"What about Jamari and Jericho?" You looked your sister up and down.

"What about them?" You asked.

"Why don't you live with them?"

"You done lost yo mind."

"What?" Naomi looked at you, genuinely confused.

"(1) I just said that I don't wanna move in with my younger siblings and (2) who in their right mind would want to live with boys, especially two boys."

"But they're our brothers."

"But nothing, I ain't living with no boys. Living with boys is like living with dogs and I ain't in the mood to be taking care of nobody son." You called out. You and your sister sat in silence, your sniffles filling in the sound.

"We playin' UNO, wanna join?" You heard one of your sister's roommates over the phone. She looked at you for confirmation. You gave her the okay and she let you know that she would call back before hanging up.

You sat in your car, staring at the motel in front of you. Your lips began to quiver again as you imagined how long you would have to stay there.

"I'm not gonna cry." You told yourself before leaving your vehicle and going into the building.