-25-

"You have to talk to him, Y/N. Armin loves you and misses you so much. He's literally miserable without you." Eren pleaded. "It's been so long since he's seen you, please."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because he loves me."

"So? That's a good thing."

"No, it isn't."

"Why not?"

"Because I love him too." You confessed. Eren stood up straight in your motel room. He was the only person you could trust with your whereabouts and your family story.

"W-What?" You sat down on your bed, cuddling a pillow. Eren grabbed a chair, sitting in front of you. "You love him, for real?"

"Yeah, but he can't know that."

"Why not? Do you know how happy he would be if he found out you reciprocated his feelings?"

"I don't care. He can't know, Eren, please."

"Why not? I don't understand."

"Because." You paused. "You know how my dad loved my mom way more than she loved him?" He nodded. "That's the same thing with me and Armin."

"It doesn't have to be that way, Y/N. You're basing your entire love life off of two people."

"Two people who raised me."

"It doesn't matter. Armin loves you and you love him too and you have to tell him that."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"What if he leaves me?"

"Leave you? Why would he leave you?" You shrugged.

"I've just never seen love work out before. Someone ends up leaving and the other ends up hurt. I don't want Armin to leave me."

"He would never leave you."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do. He's obsessed with you. He hasn't even been with other girls since you've been gone." You narrowed your eyes at Eren. "She doesn't count."

"How does she not count?"

"Listen! Armin only has eyes and love for you. He wants you. That other girl was a rebound. He doesn't care about her. He's just trying to get over you."

"I don't know." You looked down at your fingers.

"Please, Y/N. It's almost been a month since you two have seen each other. Jamari and Jericho can't watch over him forever."

"I'll think about it."

"Thank you!" Eren stood up from the chair, putting it back.

"Thank you so much, Eren." You stood up from the bed, hugging your sisters' boyfriend.

"What are friends for?" He hugged you back.

"Remember-"

"I'm not gonna tell anyone." He interrupted you, jokingly.

"Thanks." You smiled, closing the door as he left. You sat in your bed, picking up your phone, reading the text messages from Armin.

 You sat in your bed, picking up your phone, reading the text messages from Armin