t w e n t y - s e v e n.

very short chapter but sorry besties...

Ariella's POV:

I sprinted across the field with no hesitation. My heels digging into the grass didn't stop at all.

"MAEVE! MILO!" I screamed running after them.

"MOM!" Maeve screamed. I ran straight into the forest looking for them.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" I yelled.

"NO GET OFF HER!" I heard Milo scream.

"MOM! DAD!" Maeve screamed. I ran in the directions of the voices. I saw a black figure running away.

"HEY!" I yelled running after him. He ran into a van where I saw Maeve and Milo getting thrown in.

"NO!" I screamed running faster. The van started driving away making me run faster.

I grabbed onto the back door and pulled it open. A man fell out because he was leaning on it. I tried to jump inside but I felt a strong force in my thigh making me fall back off the van. I got shot. I looked at the van who was too far away for me to catch.

"NOO!" I cried as I dropped on my knees. I sobbed loudly.

Suddenly I felt a sudden, sharp pain in the back.

I gasped as the pain spread.

Blood poured out of my mouth.

The sounds around became muffled.

I fell onto the ground and started losing consciousness.

"NOO!" I heard someone scream as everything went dark.

Elias' POV:

I started running seconds after Ariella. I heard everyone else starting to run behind me. I lost Ariella in the woods a few minutes later.

That's until I heard two more gunshots. I ran in the direction of the gunshots.

"NOO!" I heard Maya screamed grabbing onto someone.

"Ari wake up." Maya cried putting her on her lap. I ran over and saw her lying on the ground unconscious. I gasped and dropped to the floor.

No! No! No!

"Angel wake up! Please!" I cried shaking her. She still didn't wake up. I saw blood dripping from her mouth. I saw a gunshot wound on her leg but that wouldn't make her bleed from her mouth.

"SHIT." Maya shouted as she removed her hand from Ariella's back. Her hand was covered in blood.

"She got shot in her back? WE NEED TO TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL." I shouted picking her up. We ran out the woods and everyone saw her, they came running over. We took her to the car. I sat with at the back as Valentino drove to the hospital. I kissed her lips.

"Please don't die on me." I cried silently.

My kids are gone. My girlfriend got shot twice. How did this happen so quickly?

I took the engagement ring out of my pocket and stared at it.

This day was supposed to be perfect.

Thank you for reading 💕.