e l e v e n.

Mateo's POV:

A little boy. He was no older than 5.

I couldn't believe my eyes at all. I stepped back slowly. If I had put the glass a little deeper.. I don't even want to think about it.

I could see my dad walking in my direction. He looked down at the couch and his eyes widened.

"Holy shit." He whispered.

He looked down at the boy who was alive but unconscious. He touched him once. His eyes shot open. He looked scared and start to whimper. I quickly head over to him.

"Shh it's okay buddy. You're safe. How old are you?" I whispered slowly taking him out of the couch. He winced in pain. He was hurt somewhere.

"I fwee." He said, his eyes squinted because of the brightness of the room.

"You're three?" I said showing three fingers. He nodded slowly.

"Where's your mommy bud?" I ask.

"I don't have won." He said as I put him on my lap. He was very light. He wasn't supposed to be this light for his age.

"You don't have one?" He shook his head. "What about your dad?"

"He lweft. He say he don't want me." He whispered. So he left him here to die of starvation. What kind of person does that?

"Okay I'm going to take you to my house. Are you hungry?" I asked softly. He nodded and yawned. I looked at my dad and he nodded. I picked him up and started heading to the front door. My brothers just stood there shocked. I headed into the car and gave the keys to dad so he could drive home.

Once we went home, I took him to the kitchen. I placed him carefully on the counter and decided to make him some soft pancakes bites because it was easier to eat than a sandwich.

"We need him to take a DNA test to find his parents and have a little talk with them." He said a little angry. I nodded.

"Hello mister." He said waving weakly. Dad looked at him and smiled.

"Hello. What's your name?" Dad asked him smiling. He shrugged.

"You don't have one?" I asked making the pancakes. He nodded.

"Maybe when you find your parents they can tell us." Dad said. The boy smiled widely and nodded.

I finished the pancakes soon after and placed a plate in front of him. He looked at the food and then looked at me and Dad.

"Don't hurt me pwease." He said.

"I won't." I said calmly. Does he think I'm going to hurt him for eating?

"Are you wying to me?" He said scared.

"I'm not lying. Eat your food buddy." I said pushing to the plate towards him. He nodded and picked up one of the small pancake bites. He looked at us before eating it. We didn't do anything but stare at him. He sighed in relief and started eating his food faster. I got him a glass of orange juice and he drank it really quickly. I could see Dad staring at him confused.

"What is wrong?" I asked.

"Look at his facials." He said. I looked at him. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes. He had light freckles that you could see under a light. It covered his cheeks and trailed up to his forehead. It reminded me of Ariella.

"Okay. What am I supposed to find?" I said.

"Do you want to come with me upstairs?" My dad asked nicely to the boy totally ignoring me. The little boy nodded and my Dad carried him out of the room. I followed him upstairs to the forth floor to the mini hospital.