e i g h t.

Trigger warning:
Suicidal thoughts.

Ariella's POV:

It's been days after the incident and I've been avoiding the three. Even in classes when they would throw a note, I would rip and throw it away. When they called me in the corridor, I would ignore them and carry on walking. They tried anything to talk to me and I would instantly turn it down.

I didn't get much sleep either since my nightmares were constantly waking me up scared. I couldn't even sleep last night because I heard Mateo having a nightmare so I had to help him.

...

I was walking down the hallway at around 3am to get some water when I stopped in my tracks. Someone was crying. I retraced my steps a couple of times when I heard it coming from Mateo's room. I rush in and see him moving around grabbing his neck.

"Please don't kill me. I begging you." He cried out. I walk over to him and shake him to wake him up. He cries become louder and I run and shut the door before going back to him.

"Stop. I CANT BREATHE! MOM!" He shouts out in pain grabbing his throat.

"MATEO WAKE UP." I yelled. I shake him harder and harder.

"PLEASE STOP! I DON'T WANNA DIE!" He says. Cries getting louder, hands getting tighter around his neck.

"MATEO WAKE THE HELL UP." I scream in his ear. He shoots up breathing heavily and looks around his surroundings. He brings his hands to his face and cries. I sit on his bed and pull in for a hug.

"Are you okay?" I whisper into his ear. He shook his head.

"I just want it all to stop." He stammers, his voice rough.

"The nightmares?" I ask slowly.

"No. I just want it all to go away. I can't keep doing this." He whimpers, I rub circles on his upper back softly.

"Doing what?" He doesn't answer me and just keeps crying into my shoulder.

"You can trust me Teo. You can say anything you want." I said, trying to keep my voice as soothingly as I possibly could. I hug him tighter and make soft circle rubs on his back.

"Being alive. Being like this." He says as he buries his head in my shoulder. I could feel myself tense but I pull him as close as I can.

"No. You can't say that. I'm going to say something really stupidly true but you just got to push through it. You have so many things to achieve so many things. You can't end things because of a temporary problem. Trust me. I'd know." I say carefully so he listens to the words.

"Okay." He whispers, sucking in a deep breath. I let go and smile at him.

"Are you sure?" I ask for reassurance. He looks at me with pure honesty.

"I'm sure." He whispers. I get up but Mateo grabs my head.

"Can you sleep with me? I don't want to be alone." He asks, his eyes full with deep sadness. I nod giving him a small smile.

"Of course."

...

I could feel tears in my eyes as I remember what had happened. I shake my head and continue to watch the TV. While I was watching Vampire Diaries, Marcello called Rafael, Mateo and Valentino upstairs. I didn't really thinking much of it. Probably mafia stuff.