Chapter Six

(Jason's POV)

My eyes met with hers once again, and she blushed. I smiled slightly, and got up to walk over to her, when I was pulled down by Mikey. "What are you doing?" He hissed. "Going over to my partner..." I said in a "What else would I be doing" kind of tone. "No, she's not your partner..." Mikey said. "But it says right there..." I trailed off with my sentence. "I talked to the teacher. I switched partners with you." Mikey said, getting up and taking his books with him. I watched as he sat next to her, her eyes met with mine once again. She looked surprised, sad even. She looked back down at her book, and I looked next to me. What a surprise, it was one of Tyla's friends. I groaned, and looked into my book. I was really looking forward t working with her too...

(Mikey's POV)

I sat down next to her, and groaned, why did I agree to this. Oh yeah because my girlfriend, one of Tyla's best friends, made me. "Okay, so I guess we should get working on this?" Angelina said. "I guess." I groaned, flipping through thr book. I purposely turned the pages loudly because I could see it annoyed her. I chuckled when she shut her book angrily. She turned towards me. "Listen, if you have a problem with me, why did you switch partners in the first place?" "Because I like Jason and didn't want him to suffer." I said. "Wowww, if anyone would have been suffering it would have been the girl paired with you." She scoffed. "That happens to be my girlfriend." I glared at her. "Oh, so is she blind or not able to identify a bad person when she sees one?" She asked, taking her book and standing up. "Where are you going?" I asked. "I'm getting a new partner." She said. "Wait..." I grabbed her wrist. "I'm sorry.." "No, you're just afraid of failing this project." She said. "No, really, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been such a jerk to you." I said sincerely. "Fine. I forgive you. But the next rude comment you make about me, I'm out of here." She sat back down and opened her book. I smiled to myself, and sighed. Maybe she's not so bad as Tyla says she is...