Chapter Seven

(Angelina's POV)

"And she said that about me?" Mikey was informing me about all the bad things Tyla had said about me. "Yeah, she said you were dumb and ugly and worth nothing." Mikey said, scribbling down something on the paper. I chuckled, these comments should be hurting me, but they're making me crack up. "She does realize I'm in all the highest honors classes, right? And she's in standard? Her beauty comes from her make up, her face is basically painted on. And me, worth nothing? Okay, sure, coming from the person who is only important because of her boyfriend." Mikey laughed, and slipped back in his seat. He wiped at his eyes, and looked at me. "I think we just became best friends." "Hell yes we did!" I exclaimed high fiving him. Suddenly, the bell rang. Damn it. I stood up, and grabbed my things, Mikey doing the same. "Here's my number. Text me sometime. It was really nice getting to know you." Mikey smiled, handing me a slip of paper. "Of course! And same to you." I smiled, and stayed there gathering my papers, when everything was knocked out of my hands. I looked up to see Tyla and Mikey's girlfriend, Chelsea. "What do you want?" I sneered, grabbing my things and holding them against my chest. "I want you to fuck off, that's what I want." Tyla spat. "What am I even doing?" I asked, my voice raising. "Flirting with our boyfriends. Do you not see yourself? As if they'd ever go after you." Chelsea sneered. I rolled my eyes, and went to walk out of the room, but Chelsea once again booked me, and Tyla pushed me against the wall. "Listen here, and listen good bitch. The next time I catch your ugly ass self talking to either of our boyfriends, I'll make your life a living hell, got it?" Tyla asked. I rolled my eyes, and tried to push past them, but she laugghed and pushed me back. "No wonder your father left you and your mom. You're both dumb and ugly and worthless." I felt the tears grow at the mention of my dad. That little bitch. "You're so fucking dumb. My dad died you heartless little bitch." I spat, and pushed past them, the tears now working their way down my face. I was looking down, and pacing through the hallway, when I hit into someone. I looked up, and a girl who looked older than me smiled back at me. "Are you okay doll?" She helped me up, and handed me my books. "Oh my Goodness, you're crying!" She enveloped me into her arms, and I cried into her shoulder. She took me to the bathroom where I calmed down, and then we introduced ourselves. "I'm Gabrielle, and you are?" "Angelina." I sniffled. "Well, Ang, if it's okay that I call you that, what in the world happened?" She asked. I explained everything, and she rolled her eyes. "Tyla. She's full of herself. None of the eighth graders like her, just, ewh." I laughed at how she pronounced the last part of her sentence. She smiled. "Well, you better head offf to class. Want me to walk you doll?" I nodded quietly, and as we walked, we talked. She was an eighth grader, and one of the ICONic Gurlz at the dance complex Jason dances at. She dates his friend Vinny, who is a tenth grader. I smiled, it just works out. She hugged me, and I walked into gym. This is the beginning to a very beautiful friendship...