Chapter 20

"Ok, I think we should go to the planetarium. It's fun and not expensive." Genesis suggested when she got to Aries' house.

"What about the interactive museum?" Calantha asked.

"That's more for little kids. We could go hiking. It doesn't cost anything if we go to my house. I live up in the mountains." Dominic told them.

"I'm down for hiking," Willow said. Genesis nodded in agreement. "Then it's settled. Everyone in the truck!" Calantha tried to get into the driver's seat but was stopped.

"Sorry, I drive. You sit in the back." Dominic told her. She scoffed.

"You do realize I am older than you, right?"

"We do, but we just don't care at all. Now get in the back, or you can be left here for Aries to scold." Willow said and got into the passenger side, slamming the door behind her. Calantha narrowed her eyes but got into the back with Genesis. Dominic started the truck and drove off.

After about forty-five minutes of driving, they got to his house. "Here we are, everyone." Genesis looked at the building with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Why is it so big?" She asked. It was a three-story log cabin surrounded by bushes covered in small pink bulbs and pine trees.

"My family likes big things, they always have to have the best. This is actually one of our smaller houses." Dominic explained as they walked to the front door.

"You have more than one house? What do your parents do for a living?" Genesis asked.

"My dad was president a few years back, and the rest of my family members are politicians too. Imagine how angry they're gonna be when they find out I kill people for a living." Dominic laughed.

"Why are you with Grayson, anyways? You seem pretty normal to me. And I know you're not a vamp."

"No, you're right. I'm only with him because he saved me, now I'm repaying the debt. Well, I actually finished a few months ago but me and Willow and Thomas became such good friends I decided to stay."

"Do you have any other friends? Like from high school?" Dominic shook his head.

"I did homeschool. My parents didn't want me to have influence from the outside world."

"Well, I'm glad you have friends now. Everyone needs at least one good friend." Genesis said. She then gave him a big hug. Dominic was a little startled at first but wrapped his arms around her. She squeezed him tightly then let go.

"Let's go, Dom, the sooner we go the sooner Calantha can leave," Willow whined.

"Ok, everyone get some boots and a sweater. It'll be a little chilly." Once they were ready Dominic led them through the woods.

"Look, a deer!" Genesis pointed to an area with trees and ran over to the middle.

"Be careful Genesis, don't trip over the roots," Dominic called to her.

"Ahhhhhh!" Genesis squealed. Dominic and Willow ran over.

"What's wrong Gen?!" Willow asked.

"Don't you see all the bunnies?! They're so cute!" Willow let out a sigh.

"Come on Gen, we gotta finish hiking so we can get some hot cocoa." She said and pulled at the other girl's arm. Genesis pouted but let Willow pull her. "I'll make sure you get extra whipped cream if you walk." Genesis straightened up.

"I'm holding you up to that." She said with a grin and ran to catch up with Dominic. Willow started walking but was pulled back by her shirt.

"Let go! What do you want?" Willow asked as she turned around to see Calantha.

"I just want to ask you something. Why are you here? You are an amazing person, why are you working for Aries?"

"Reasons you don't need to know. Now let's go, they're probably wondering where we are." Willow said and ran to catch up.

"There you are, Wills! What were you doing?" Genesis asked when Willow caught up.

"I was looking at the trees. They're beautiful." Dominic gave her a look.

"Where's Calantha?" He asked. Willow shrugged.

"I thought she was up here. It's fine, she's a vampire. Let's go, I want hot cocoa." Willow said and started walking again.

"Willow, we have to at least wait for her. She is a team member." Willow groaned and sat down. She pulled out her phone and started playing a game. About 30 minutes passed and Calantha came crashing out of the trees covered in dirt and mud.

"What the hell happened to you?" Willow asked, trying to hold back laughter.

"There was a deer. It scared me." Calantha said while pulling leaves out of her hair.

"Are you ok?" Dominic asked. She nodded.

"You sure you didn't lose a fight against a mud monster?" Genesis teased. Calantha glared at her.