Chapter 17

"Open up Grayson!" Genesis called as she banged on the door. Lily and Poison were standing behind her confused because Genesis hadn't explained anything to them before they'd got there.

"Genesis, who's Grayson?" Asked Lily.

"Yeah, what's his connection to Willow?" Poison inquired.

"Willow used to work for him, he's rich and she was basically his personal hit-man. I've been keeping an eye on him, I saw Willow come here a few days ago." Genesis said. She banged on the door again. "Grayson! Let me in, I have questions." After a few more minutes the door finally opened.

"Oh, hello Gennie. How have you been?" Dominic asked.

"Don't call me that. Where's Grayson?"

"Getting dressed, he was taking a nap."

"Sure he is. Have you seen Willow? She was at someone's house and when I went over there the person and she was missing."

"Hmm, did this house have a huge library?" Genesis nodded. "Then yes, that person is definitely dead. Sorry, hope you didn't like him."

"Where is Willow now? Is she with Grayson?"

"No, she is on a new mission. Some rich vamp refused Aries' partnership." Dominic said. "Willow was invited to his anniversary as an apology."

"Really? I thought the Vamps stopped doing that, too many were killed." Dominic nodded.

"So did I, but she threw on her dress and ran off. I don't know how she can run in heels but she can, it's amazing."

"Are you going to give me the address or am I going to have to break in and talk to Grayson again?" Genesis asked.

"Well, I don't know where it is yet. Willow doesn't tell us until she's done. You would need to talk to Grayson, but he's busy. Can you come back later?" Dominic tried to close the door, Genesis blocked it with her foot.

"Nope, you will go get me the address, or I will come in myself." Dominic sighed.

"I'll go get him. Thomas, come over here and watch her!" He called and went off to get his boss.

"Hello Gen, how's your brother?" Thomas asked. "He still going to go to college?"

"That's the plan. How's your sister? Did she recover from that crash?"

"No, she died a few days ago," Thomas said dismally.

"Oh, that sucks. She was pretty, I bet she would have gotten married soon after high school." Genesis said unemotionally.

"Who are these lovely ladies?" Thomas asked suddenly.

"This is Lily and Poison. Oh, Poison you don't have to look like a human here. Thomas and Grayson are Vamps. Poison is the Faerie Queen, so be nice Thomas."

Poison stood with her mouth open. "So you knew magical creatures existed? Why did you act so surprised when you met me?"

"Well, I only knew that Vamps existed. And why didn't you tell Willow about the Vamps if you knew they were here?"

"Well, the vampires were excluded from the collective council. They weren't cooperative and so we blocked them. We don't talk to them and they don't talk to us." Poison explained.

"That is true, at least partially. I have many faerie friends, they have the best parties." Thomas said.

"Really? What are their names?" Poison asked.

"Oak, Lemony, Aeden, Birch, Bramble, Lark, Labiva, and Forsythia Sugarcreek. All siblings." He said when he saw Poison's face he grinned. "Oh yeah, Bramble is your personal guard. I forgot about that"

"Thomas, why do you have to be such a jerk? He's just joking Poison, Thomas likes to find out everything he can about someone so that way he can make them angry." Genesis said.

"This is true, I would never associate with a faerie. They like to twist things to their taste."

"Hello Miss Cortez, what brings you here?" Said a voice from behind Thomas. Genesis looked to see Aries.

"Grayson, nice of you to finally join us. May we go to your private meeting room?" Genesis asked and started heading down the hallway.

"I wouldn't prefer it, but if you insist." He added the latter when Genesis rounded a corner.

Willow's coat was taken at the door. She thanked the mortal and walked to the bar. "Oliver, why are you here?" She asked the purple-haired boy. He turned to face her.

"I have a better question, why are you here? I don't think you got an invitation unless you've been hanging out with Grayson again. Which I don't know why you would be doing that when you just found out what you are."

"Yes, Aries needed me to do something. And how did you get an invite? I didn't think the warlocks were friends of Vamps. Actually, if I remember correctly it was your kind who proposed the idea of blocking them." Willow pointed out.

"Well I have nothing against them and one of my friends is a Vamp. Anyway, I'm guessing you're here for Darrien?" Willow nodded. "He's gonna regret denying Aries of what he wanted."

"That is a fact." A tall man started toward them from the other side of the room. "Here he comes. Wish me luck." She whispered to Oliver and got up. Willow walked over to him. He bowed and kissed her hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss..."

"Please, call me Nyx. No need for formalities Mr. Fitzroy." Willow said.

"Well if you insist I call you by your first name, I insist you do the same for me," Darrien said.

"Of course, and thank you for inviting me here. I've wanted to see how comfortable this dress is for a while." She said with a smile.

"Well, I'm glad you came, the more the merrier. Would you care to dance?" He asked.

"I can't promise I'm any good, but why not." Willow let him lead her to the ballroom. She was actually quite skilled at dancing, but she pretended this was her first time. Clumsy mistakes like stepping on toes or the hem of your dress will always fool them, Willow remembered Aries telling her before her first mission. Once the song was over Darrien brought her over to the bar.

"A Dirty Shirley, please," Willow told the bartender as she sat down.

"So, Nyx, how do you know Mr. Grayson?" Darrien asked.

"Oh, me and Aries have been working together for the past 150 years. I work as his personal hitwoman." She said with a smile. Darrien looked at her with a scared look. "Oh, don't worry. He told me to make sure you stay alive, just in case you change your mind."

"Mhm, sure. I know how Grayson works. Hunny, go to your study." Said a voice. Willow looked up from her drink to see a lady.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Fitzroy. You are beautiful, Darrien is lucky." Willow said. The lady narrowed her eyes.

"Get out of my house, now." She said.

"So, I'm gonna explain how this works real quick. You let me stay here and only one person dies, you force me to leave and this building no longer exists. Choose wisely." Willow said.

"Fine, but if anyone else gets hurt-"

"Chill out, I am the best at my job. I'm even nice and make it fast." Willow said. "Shall we go to your study, Darrien?"