Chapter 12

a/n- i honestly have 0 idea what this chapter is, I wrote it last year and I'm too lazy to fix it. that last part isn't actually true, ok? I was trying to make her have a crush on someone and then I forgot so yeah. Let's continue the story.

The girl woke up and introduced herself as Lily. She had been here for the last year. "Why did you get put in here?" Genesis asked.

"Refused to be her maid, what about you?" Lily said.

"The same." Genesis's stomach growled. "When do we get food?"

"Next month. You just missed this month's, if you were here yesterday. But don't worry I always save some." Lily pulled a piece of small bread from her pillow. "Here you go." Genesis took it from her, it tasted as if it had expired two years ago.

"Thanks."

"Your welcome," Lily said. "You wanna annoy the guards? It's really fun."

"Sure, why not."

"Get up," Willow whined. "I don't want to be queen." Julian slowly got up.

"I apologize, my sovereign, though I would be more sorry if you were not part warlock," Julian said.

"What do you have against warlocks? They didn't kill your family." She said.

"That's not true, my dad was a warlock. He is the reason my mom is gone." Willow opened her mouth to apologize but Julian cut her off. "It's fine. Let's go, Willow." He grabbed her arm and started to drag her through the hall.

"Umm, eight?" Gen guessed."Who dares disturb the Queen's breakfast?!" Madame Vivnyn bellowed when Willow and James walked into a grand dining room. "Oh, hello my dear. How have you been?" She asked Willow.

"Good, except for the fact that you didn't tell me I was queen," Willow said.

"Well, Theodore thought it would be best to wait until you were more relaxed. I'm sorry."

"Well, can you explain what I'm supposed to do? I don't want to be the queen of every being in the world." Willow told her.

"Well, you aren't. Your only queen of us immortal beings." Madame Vivnyn said.

"I don't want to be the queen of anyone."

"Well, I'm sorry. That was why you were made, there's no escaping it."

Genesis and Lily were telling each other dad jokes when Poison came in. "Genesis, are you ready to serve me?" Poison looked at Lily. "What about you?"

"I'm good, thanks for the offer though," Genesis said. "What about you Lily?"

"I'm gonna have to say no thanks too. I have a pretty tight schedule. Sorry." Lily said and started telling another dad joke. "Gen, how many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?" She asked.

"Close. It takes ten-tickles." She laughed. Gen laughed too.

"Octopi are not ticklish." Poison remarked.

"Ok, but it's just a joke. You do know what joke is, don't you?" Genesis asked Poison.

"No, I do not know what this 'joke' is." Poison said.

"Well, be prepared for your life to get 10 times better. Or worse, depends on how you look at it." Lily said.

"Well, I'm sorry, I am refusing the title. I have horrible leading skills." Willow said.

"Well, you don't have to lead by yourself. If you marry you could have a king do most of the work for you." Vivnyn pointed out.

"I'm sixteen. I don't want to get married until I'm at least in my twenties." Willow said.

"Ugh, you mortals are so boring. Why can't you have fun for once in your life? You're gonna live until someone kills you, why not do something with risk." Madame Vivnyn walked over to Willow.

"I'll tell you in private. No guards or anything." Willow said.

"Guards! Disperse!" The foot thumps that followed sounded like there was a stampede of horses in the castle. Julian was the only one who didn't budge.

"Julian," Willow said. "You too."

He looked up at her. "Yes ma'am." He turned and ran off.

"Ok, no more guards. So, tell me who this lucky person is." Vivnyn said.

Willow took a deep breath and whispered: "Julian."