Chapter 7

"So, the note is to Will and it's something about needing to do something today. And it mentions the locker room. It's also signed by Oliver." James said.

"And it mentions power being replenished. I think Olive and Will took Willow, but why?" Genesis wondered.

"Olive?"

"I've known Willow as long as Will has known Oliver, we're basically all related. I gave that nickname to Oliver when I was like 7," Genesis explained.

"Oh, that makes sense," James said then quickly changed the subject. "Where do you think they are?"

"Well, Will and Olive like to hang out at this abandoned warehouse. Maybe they're there, let's go see." Gen started down the hallway. "Come on James, we have to go check."

"But, what about school?"

"Don't be such a goody-two-shoes. Let's go." She walked over to him and grabbed his arm. "Come on!" She pulled him down the hallway and out the doors. Once they were out she let him go. "It's this way." She said and ran down the street.

A few turns later and they came to an alleyway with a fence. Genesis easily jumped it. "Come on." She said.

"I don't know how to jump a fence," James said.

"Oh, right. You weren't here last year. I guess I could try to tell you how to do it." Genesis said. "Ok, you can't overthink this. First, go back about five yards from the fence." James did as told. "Ok, sustain your momentum and plant the foot that naturally goes up as high as you can in the fence. Then push up and grab the top. Hook your other foot on top, pull up, and drop down."

It took a few tries but James finally made it. "OK, now what?" He asked.

"Now we go this way," Genesis said and started walking again.

"What do you mean 'of legends"? Willow asked, looking Theo in the eyes.

"I mean exactly that, there are legends of your kind," Theo said.

"Can you explain what my kind is?"

"You are part of each one of us," Oliver said. "Part fae, dragon, elf, and warlock."

"What? How would that even be possible?" Willow asked. Then she thought of something and started laughing hysterically.

"Why are you laughing? Did I miss something?" Madame Vivnyn asked looking around at everyone.

"I realized something. If I'm this legendary person, the people I've been calling mom and dad for 16 years, are not even related to me! Y'know, I always wanted to be different like in the books. Like Harry Potter or Clary Fray. But, now that it has happened, I understand why they made some not-so-good decisions." Willow looked at Will. "You're not related to me either, are you? I don't why I asked that, I don't have a family anymore. But, that's good. I no longer have someone to tell me what to do. I thought I was going to be sad if I had to leave my family, but I'm perfectly fine. Strange, isn't it?" Willow felt tears start to escape her eyes, she gave in and let out heart-wrenching sobs.

"I told you this would happen," Oliver said.

"Shut up. You would probably be kinda upset if your family wasn't actually your family." Willow said and then looked up at him. "Oh, wait. You don't have a family." She gave him an innocent smile.

Vivnyn snickered. Oliver was glaring at Willow and his lips moving slightly. Suddenly the fan fell onto the bed Willow was sitting.

"Come on, hurry James!" Genesis called as she turned past another building. She ran a little bit more before she came to the warehouse. She heard a crash.

"OK, I'm here. Now-"

"Shut up! There are people in there." Gen whisper-shouted.

"Why did you do that Oliver?! Are you trying to kill her?" Someone shouted.

"Come on, we're going in there," Gen said and pulled James in with her.

"No, just trying to get some discipline in her. She should be respecting her elders." Oliver said, grinning at a person. Person? Genesis looked at her more closely. That was not a person. They had wings. Maybe they were cosplaying?

"Well, that's not how you do that. What you have to do is-" The lady-creature started.

"Vivnyn, that is not helping." Said another weird-looking person. This one was male. He turned to a pretty normal-looking couple. "Gaeleath, could you please tend to Willow's wounds if she has any?" Gaeleath nodded and walked over to Willow on the floor. "Thank you. Now, Oliver-" Genesis accidentally knocked over some boxes and everyone looked at her.

"Gen? What are you doing here?" Will asked.

"Willow just disappeared in the middle of a conversation and we wanted to know where she went." She answered.

"We?" Willow asked from the floor.

"Oh, yeah. James came with me." Gen turned to pull James out from behind the boxes but he was already rushing to Willow.

"Are you ok?" He asked, giving Willow a bone-crushing hug.

"Yeah, I'm ok," Willow said, hugging him back.

"Wills, I thought you said he wasn't your boyfriend," Will said gloating at James.

"That's because he wasn't my boyfriend when I was talking to you," Willow said and looked at James. "How did you find me?"

"It was all Genesis. She knew that Oliver and Will liked to hang out here and she wanted to know if they knew anything." He told her.

"Thank you, Gen," Willow said but Genesis had seen everyone closer now. She was staring at Vivnyn.

"Who-wha-huh? What are you?"

"Madame Vivnyn is a dragon." Willow said simply.

"Ha, are you guys cosplaying or something?" Gen asked.

"No, I am quite real. Would you like a demonstration?" Vivnyn told her.

"N-no thanks."

"You sure? It's not hard." Vivnyn grinned and her wings started to grow as her skin turned to scales. She also grew a tail and her fingers turned to claws. Vivnyn was now on all fours and had the appearance of a huge shimmering pearl-coloured dragon. Genesis took one look at her and passed out.