Chapter 8

Poison was behind Genesis in a second and carried her to another bed. "Thank you, Poison," Willow said and turned to Vivnyn. "How could you? She said no for a reason! I actually thought you were a better person than that." Vivnyn turned back to a human and picked up a blanket to cover her body.

"I'm sorry dear. I just like to show off." Vivnyn said, hanging her head. She looked back up. "Why are you staring at the mortal like she's a steak dinner, Poison?"

"Because she's disgusting. I hate mortals, so boring." Poison said.

"Oh, did you already forget about Lily? Did she die yet?" Vivnyn asked.

"No, I have not forgotten about her and no, she is not dead. But she will be soon if she keeps refusing to work." Poison told her.

"You would kill her? But, didn't you just take her because she was pretty? This one is pretty too, don't you think? Are you gonna take her for your collection too?"

"Vivnyn, that is enough," Theodore said in a stern voice.

"Fine."

"Ugh, headache. Ow." Genesis said rubbing her temples. "Did you catch me?" She asked Poison.

"Yes. But I require no thanks." Poison said.

"Oh, ok. Um, if you don't mind me asking, what are you?" Gen said.

"Gen, you can't just-" Willow started.

"It's fine, Willow, dear." Poison said and smiled. "I am a faerie. Queen of the fae, actually."

"Really?" Gen asked, amazed. "Faerie are my favorite mythical creature. Well, you aren't mythical. But, I always thought fae were the best because they are so beautiful. Well, most types of fae." She said.

"I ship," Vivnyn said out of nowhere. Both girls blushed. "What about you guys?"

"I hate to agree with Vivnyn, but they are cute," Ilthuryn said.

"I agree too, sadly," Gaeleath said.

"Oh, stop it. You're gonna make her run away." Theodore said and turned to Genesis. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Cortez. I am Theodore Maxwell, the leader of warlocks." He said, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"H-how do you know my name?"

"From Oliver. He was keeping an eye on Willow and reporting back to me." Theo said.

"Why was he keeping an eye on Willow?" Gen asked.

"Apparently, I am 'of legends', which means I'm special," Willow said.

"What do you mean?"

"I am part fae, dragon, elf, and warlock. I don't even understand how that's possible, but that's what Theo said." Willow told her.

"You were an experiment," Theodore said. "It was December 18. 2004. We were all a part of it. The realms were in chaos, so we made you. We were almost done, but there was an incident. One of the bunsen burners was left on, everything caught on fire. We all assumed you were gone, so we did our best to help the realms ourselves. Oliver was one of my assistants and one day he came to me. He said that there was a girl too beautiful to be human and that she made his dad die." Willow gasped. "Yes, when you told Olver's dad to go die he did just that. You are what's called a Mesmer, that is your Elvin power."

"I'm sorry, Olive," Willow said and went over to hug him. "I am so sorry."

"What are you sorry for? My dad was a jerk, I don't miss him." Oliver said, squeezing Willow.

"I'm still sorry," Willow said and let go of Oliver. She was shivering. "Why am I having a panic attack? This makes zero sense." She said and felt arms snake around her.

"Mae'n iawn, Heulwen. Mae'n iawn." James whispered in her ear.

"No, it's not ok. Nothing is." Willow whispered and gave in to her tiredness, falling asleep in James' arms.