Chapter 2

Once Willow and Genesis were done eating, they went out to the courtyard to find Will. Willow saw James sitting alone on a bench. I wonder when his girlfriend is. Willow looked at Gen, she had spotted him too. Gen looked back at her and smiled. Oh no. Willow had had a crush on James for a few months. And Gen knew. Willow was pulled over to him.

"You okay, James?" Willow asked when they got over there.

"Huh?" He looked up at her. "Oh, it's just you." Did he not notice Gen? Willow looked to her side, Gen was walking away. That bitch, she knows I don't like talking to people.

"D-do you want me to leave?" Willow asked, attempting to hide the sadness in her voice. She didn't want to leave. This was her chance to make a good impression.

"No, please. Sit down. And start calling me Jem please." James responded.

"Okay. What's wrong Jem?" Willow asked as she sat down next to him. "Of course, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I'll tell you. But I have a question for you. And it may be kinda weird." Jem said.

"Weird is my middle name. Ask away."

"Could I, um, have a hug?" He hesitantly asked.

"O-okay." That's a weird question, Willow thought. She awkwardly wrapped her arms around James. She could feel people staring at her and slowly removed her arms, then sat down properly.

"Thank you. I'll tell you what happened now. My girlfriend broke up with me because I didn't get an iced decaf coffee. I got a normal cup of hot coffee. Then she said we were done and left. Now I don't have a date for the dance."

"Well, if she broke up with you because of coffee, she doesn't deserve you. And as for the dance, I and Gen aren't going. We were just going to watch scary movies all night and eat a whole lot of sweets. You could hang out with us." Willow said. "I mean, it'll probably be a little weird because you usually hang out guys. You could hang out with Oliver and my brother. Oh, that reminds me, I have to find him. Could you help me?" She asked.

"Yeah. But, if you don't mind me asking, why?" James asked.

"He has a habit of going to parties and getting drunk. Then he'll do horrible things. We've had to pick him up from the police department before because he did some graffiti in an abandoned warehouse. He still goes there, but he stopped doing graffiti so that's a plus. But, he won't leave the warehouse alone."

"Yikes. He must be a handful, isn't he? Don't worry, I'll help you." He got up and held out his hand to help Willow up.

"Thanks," Willow said

"No problem. Now, let's start searching for your brother." James said. After 10 minutes they finally found William.

"William Aubry Bell, get your ass over here right now!" Willow yelled. Everyone looked at her. She was yelling like that at a senior. "William, I will count to three and if you're not over here by then I will call mom."

"Yeah right. You never call mom when this happens. You always leave when the bell rings or something." William shouted back.

"One!" Willow started. William laughed. "Two!" Willow got out her phone. Will stopped laughing and stared at her. "Three!" Willow clicked her phone and it started ringing.

"Willow, hehe, what are you doing?" William asked.

"Hi, mom! I just wanted to let you know that Will is planning on going to a party tonight... You want to talk to him? Ok," She walked over to her brother. "It's for you." Willow grinned.

"You're a real bitch Willow, you know that right?" Will asked, covering the speaker so their mom couldn't hear.

"Yeah, I know. But if I'm not, who will be?" Willow responded. "And you might want to answer that, she seems very upset."

Will stuck his tongue out at her and put the phone to his ear. "Hello?" Following this, there was a lot of muffled yelling. "O-ok mom, I'll come straight home... Please don't take it away... Come on, you know I need it!... Ok, yes I understand... Ok, I'll see you after school...Yeah, love you too... Bye," He hung up. "Take your phone Willow." He said as he glared at her. "I think your boyfriend over there is yelling for you." He looked toward James.

"Boyfriend?" Willow looked in the direction Will was. "Oh, he's not my boyfriend. I was just trying to cheer him up." She waved him over to them. "If you are rude to him, I will tell mom to kick you out of your room for the week so I can clean it," Willow warned. "All of your things will be organized."

"Rude much," Will muttered.

"James, this is my brother William," Willow said, James stared at the fair-haired boy for a second. He must have been taken away by his beauty. William's bright blue eyes glittered with hatred toward the other boy.

"Nice to meet you, William." James held out his hand for Will to shake.

"I'm sorry, I don't touch guys who are trying to make their old girl jealous with my sister," William said. "And if you hurt her in any way, I will tear you apart. Limb by limb."

"Will, what did I say?" Willow warned.

"I was just warning him. I'm not being rude. I'm being protective of my little sister." Will thought for a second. "Though the only way she's smaller than me is in size." He added.

"That's the truth," Willow remarked.

"Now, if you excuse me. I was trying to skip class in peace." Will said and he turned and walked away.

"I'm so sorry he acted like that, all of the other guys that have been my friend he's fine with. I've never even dated anyone and he's acting like every guy in the world has broken my heart."

"It's ok. He's just trying to protect you. People take advantage of beautiful people like you." James told her.

"Me? Beautiful?" Willow snorted. "Never thought I'd hear those two words in a sentence."

"Well, you are beautiful."

"Yeah right. As beautiful as a donkey's ass."

"No, as beautiful as a sunset on the sea. As rare as a snowflake that has a match." James said. He turned toward her and put his hand under her chin. Then pulled her face towards his.