Chapter 9

When Willow woke up she was in a king-size bed. She looked around and saw some band posters on the wall next to a wardrobe. She got up and opened the wardrobe. There were only boys' clothes in it, she closed it. Then the door creaked open.

"Good morning, Heulen. Did you sleep well?" James asked, standing in the doorway.

"Good morning. I slept very well." Willow looked around again. "Where are we?" she asked and walked over to give him a hug.

"We are at my house." He said.

"Is this your room?" Willow asked James, her voice muffled by his shoulder.

"Yes, your brother didn't think you would want to be at your house because of what he did, so I offered. I was warned that if I did anything to you I would suffer the worst, most prolonged death." James said, smiling.

"My brother let me come here? Even with that warning, he's so protective. I am genuinely surprised. And that usually only happens when I read books." Willow said and looked up at him.

"You're so pretty." He said and put his hands in her hair.

"No, I'm not, you are," Willow said and booped his nose, then hugged him again.

"So, you, the queen of the fae, are asking me if I want to stay in faerie land?" Genesis asked for the 5th time.

"Yes, we would be honored. We don't get very many visitors." Poison told her.

"But, where would I sleep?"

"You would have to stay in my chambers until we can get a room situated for you. And you can choose where your room is."

"What if I just want to stay in your room?" Genesis asked.

"That can be arranged, what size bed would you like?"

"I usually sleep with my little brother, could we share a bed? Just for now. I should be ok in a few weeks." Gen said.

"Of course. Why not?" Poison said and led Genesis to faerie.

"Are you, like, rich or something?" Willow asked James as she took the stairs two at a time, her bare feet thudding against the hardwood.

"Yes, they are." Said a sweet voice from the bottom of the staircase. Willow looked at the girl. Well, she was more a lady than a girl. She had milky blue eyes and her hair looked like a cloud. "What would you like for breakfast, Master James?" She asked.

James turned to Willow. "Do you have anything in mind?" He asked her.

"Can you make pancakes, please?" Willow asked the lady.

"Yes ma'am." She said and walked away.

"Thank you, Agatha," James called after her and kept walking down the stairs.

"When can I meet your parents, James?" Willow asked.

"They will be at breakfast, don't worry. And I remember telling you to call me Jem." James said.

"What if I don't like Jem? What if I just want to call you James?" Willow asked.

"Well, I guess you could," James said.

"Yay! Thank you!" Willow said and hugged him.

"This is your chamber?! It's huge!" Genesis shouted and it echoed in the huge room. "How long can I stay here?"

"As long as you want." Poison smiled and clapped her hands. Two faeries came rushing in. "Rose, Jazmine, this is your new sovereign. You will address her as Miss Cortez or ma'am." She said.

"How long will she be staying with us?" One of them asked.

"As long as she wants." Poison said. "Now disperse. It has been a very long day for her and she needs her energy." The servants scurried out of the room, shutting the door behind them. Poison handed Genesis a white satin nightgown and pointed her to a dressing room.

Genesis put it on, loving the cool fabric on her skin. When she came out Poison was already laying in the bed, asleep. Gen grinned and slid under the covers.

Willow walked into the dining room holding James's hand. The two people sitting there looked up.

"So, you must be the Willow my brother has been talking about every day." One of them said as he got up. "It's nice to finally meet you." He held out his hand for her to shake. Willow accepted. "I'm Julian." He was probably a year younger than James.

"Nice to meet you too." She said smiling. He pushed his pitch-black hair out of his dark blue eyes.

"She doesn't look like Rebecca, that's a good sign." The other boy said, he looked almost exactly like Persephone.

"Who's Rebecca?" Willow asked.

"Willow!? What are you doing here?" Asked a familiar voice from the doorway behind her.

"Oh, hi Persephone," Willow said. Persephone hugged her. Willow was surprised at first but hugged her back.

"Weren't you wearing those clothes yesterday?" Persephone asked after she stepped back.

"Yeah. I, um, spent the night here. I passed out and James didn't want to contact my brother because he is way too protective. My brother would have thought that James hurt me or something." Willow said. It could have happened.

"Oh, that makes sense.." Persephone said. "Anyways, I think we're the same size. Do you want to borrow some of my clothes today?" She asked.

"Sure!" Willow said. Persephone jumped up and down excitedly.

"Oh my goodness! I just remembered I have an exact copy of the outfit I'm wearing right now! We could be twins!" Willow observed Persephone's outfit. She was wearing white ripped jeans, a white t-shirt that said 'I Love NYC' inside a heart, a black headband with cat ears, and a red and blue plaid flannel tied around her waist. "And I can do your make-up and hair too!"

"Dear, you don't have to do that much." Said another male from the kitchen. He came out wiping his hands on a towel. He had the same amber hair as Persephone and periwinkle eyes. He smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm Dexter Lewis, James' dad. You can call me Dex, Dad, Dexter, but no Mr. Lewis." He said and laughed when Willow held out her hand for him to shake. "We do hugs here dearie!" He said and wrapped his arms around her.

I love this family, Willow thought and hugged him back. "Honey, what did I say about hugging strangers?" A sweet voice playfully scolded. Dexter let go of Willow.

"I'm sorry, Carol. I just really like giving people hugs." He said and hugged the lady standing next to the table. He kissed her on the forehead.

"Let go of me you weirdo." Carol laughed and ruffled his hair. She turned to Willow, her leafy eyes glittering with joy. "Welcome to our home. I am Carol, the mother of these monsters." She said gesturing to James, Persephone, Julian, and the boy that looked exactly like Persephone.

"Pancakes are ready!" Agatha announced as she brought plates out of the kitchen and put them on the table.

"Who decided on pancakes?" Julian asked.

"Why do you care? They're pancakes!" Said James' other brother.

"Gorge, I am a very curious person. You should know that I've been living here for 15 years." Julian answered.

"You're only 15 years old?" Willow asked.

"No, I'm 17 but I'm adopted. Both of my parents died in a car accident." Julian answered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Willow told Julian, feeling bad about mentioning it.

"It's ok. I've learned that even if they are gone, I have a family here. This one may even be better." He said grinning.