Chapter 4

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Willow asked James as they watched the ambulance drive off with Persephone. There were police officers too. They asked questions like 'where were you? How do you know her? Was she ever doing something suspicious? What happened?' They all answered truthfully. Willow told them she'd been near the bleachers and she and Persephone were new friends. Willow never saw Persephone do suspicious things unless texting in class counted. Then they went to examine the body.

Male. White. Yellow eyes. Dark brown hair. Everything was fine. Until they checked his fingerprints. The test came back with a man who was born in 1895. They didn't know why. "Maybe someone messed with the system?" Willow had suggested. But the police officer said that it wasn't possible.

Willow had been so lost in thought when James spoke she jumped a little. "I think that my sister will make up a big story so everyone feels bad and gives her things. And she'll probably demand a bodyguard because she's Persephone." James said. He wrapped his arm around Willow's shoulders. She tensed, then relaxed, and leaned against him with her head on his shoulder.

"Damn it, I don't have a camera," Genesis said from behind them. Willow blushed and moved away from James.

"Anwybyddu ei heulwen," James told Willow and he put his arm back around her.

"Wait. what did he just say?" Genesis asked. "Willow, do you know what he said? Is he talking trash?" Willow laughed.

"No, he's not talking trash," Willow said. "He said 'Ignore her sunshine.'"

"What language is that?" Genesis asked. Willow walked over to her.

"Guess." She said. "Do you want a hint?" Willow asked.

"Umm, yes please," Genesis said.

"Think of my ex."

"Oh my god. Really? That's easy. Welsh."

"Can you speak any?" James asked Genesis.

"Willow said she was gonna teach me some. Right Willow? Willow?" Willow had disappeared.