Rafael; Yu-gi-oh

“Are you the one that’s going to save me from this darkness?”

He didn’t know how to go about what he wanted to do. So many options were running through his head, so many thoughts. He wanted to be the one that brought the light back into her eyes. Rafael was always fascinated by Lena. She was a formidable foe. But more than that, she was someone that Rafael felt an intense attraction too.

Lena understood a lot of things that people couldn’t even grasp. She’s been through a lot throughout her life. And because of that, she lost herself to the darkness; a darkness that Rafael wanted to save her from.

“Are you going to keep staring at the girl? Or are you going to finally grow a pair and go talk to her?” Rafael stiffened. He didn’t notice that someone had approached him. Rafael looked over his shoulder at the person who spoke. Valon, one of the swordsman and fellow comrade, was staring down at Rafael with his eyebrow raised in a questionable manner. He also had his normal smirk plastered on his face. Rafael let out a low grunt.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. And don’t you have someone else to go bug? Like Mai for example” Rafael questioned Valon, annoyance lacing through his voice. Valon shrugged and let out a slight chuckle.

“Mai’s busy with Alister. So I thought that I would come bug you” Valon explained as he approached Rafael. Rafael rolled his eyes and let out a sarcastic laugh.

“Well aren’t I lucky” he said sarcastically. Valon’s smirk grew. He lifted his hand and slightly slapped Rafael’s shoulder.

“Yes my dear friend you are. Now quit changing the subject. Are you going to go talk to the girl or what? Because it’s kind of creeping me out just watching you watch her like you have been” Valon questioned him again. Rafael’s eyes narrowed at Valon.

“And why have you been watching me?” Rafael questioned him seriously, his voice venomous. Valon’s head tilted to the side in a confused manner.

“I’m not really sure why you’re getting mad at me, Rafael, and you’re avoiding my question. But I’ve been curious about why you have been disappearing here lately. I worry about you” Valon explained. Valon was getting a little annoyed at the run around that Rafael was giving him, but he shrugged it off. He could tell that something was weighing heavily on his friends shoulders. And he just wanted to help him.

“Well stop worrying about me” Rafael mumbled, his eyes averting from Valon back to the woman that he has been watching for the past 2 months. Valon was right; Rafael should go talk to her. But he could never find the courage to do so. It was unlike him to be acting like this, but this girl was different. There was just something about her that Rafael couldn’t explain.

“So what’s so special about this one?” Valon questioned him, his head shrugging towards the woman that Rafael was watching. She was, in a way, really pretty. She had long black hair and piercing green eyes. But Valon couldn’t really see anything distinguish about the girl that would have caught Rafael’s attention. To Valon, Lena was just an ordinary girl.

“She’s different. She understands things that normal people can’t even grasp. Her eyes are more opened to this world” Rafael explained. He wasn’t sure why he wasn’t explaining this to Valon, even though they were the closet of the swordsman, he still doesn’t trust Valon fully; especially with personal matters such as this. Valon placed his hand on one of Rafael’s shoulders and leaned towards Rafael invading his personal space. Valon lips curved upward in a malicious smirk.

“Well why don’t you stop watching her like some peeping tom, and go talk to her” Valon told his friend, letting out a light chuckle. Rafael groaned. He knew that if he didn’t go talk to Lena now, Valon would. And honestly Rafael would snap at Valon if he even thought about going near her.