Can we talk? (A Shikamaru one-shot)

Characters name: Reina

Characters age: 16

Characters looks (you can describe to me what they look like or put a picture up):
Dark Red-brown hair with bangs like hinata's.

Characters love interest: Shikamaru!

Characters information (Doesn’t have to be long, just a description): Her Best Friend is Naruto. She Trains a lot, and is really strong. Also she designs ninja clothing.

Characters personality:
Cool, Calm, Relaxed, Shy around Shikamaru, Loves her friends, hates to be bossed around. Also appears to be weak but is actually very strong.

Story Start:

“Reina, what’re you doing?” asked Naruto, who was currently looking over my shoulder.

“Naruto, I’m trying to design some clothes, so can you please let me concentrate. I’m almost finished,” I said. I’ve been working on this design for two weeks now and I’m so close to finishing. And right now Naruto was distracting me and I can’t have that. I mean don’t get me wrong, he’s my best friend and I love him, only in a friendly way, but he can be a little too annoying sometimes. I wish he would just sit down and relax sometimes instead of having to be all over the place like he is most of the time.

“Okay, but don’t you want to come and have lunch with everyone? Shikamaru will be there,” said Naruto. I could hear the teasing tone in his voice. My face turned red.

“Did you tell anyone that I like him?” I asked, turning towards my best friend.

“Only Hinata, but you know I tell her everything and plus she won’t tell anyone.” I sighed.

“Fine I’ll go, but let me finish this first,” I said. Naruto cheered and I turned back to my design.

-At lunch-

“Sorry we’re late guys, Reina here was being slow,” said Naruto as we both sat down at the table. I rolled my eyes at him.

“It’s alright,” said Shikamaru, who I now noticed was sitting right next to me. I felt myself blush and turned my head away from him. I heard Naruto chuckle and I felt Shikamaru eyes on me, causing me to blush harder. After we ordered lunch and started talking I noticed that almost everyone was here. It was Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Sakura, Sai, Naruto and I. I was happy to see everyone together again, since everyone has been busy with missions and personal stuff lately.

-After Lunch-

I finished paying for my meal, waiting for the clerk to give me my change. As I was waiting I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and faced Shikamaru. “Can we talk,” asked Shikamaru. I nodded my head yes, not trusting my own voice right own. I don’t know what it is about him, but every time I’m around him I’m at lose for words. I turned back around to receive my change from the clerk and followed Shikamaru outside. As we walked neither of us said anything, it was awkward, but at the same time peaceful.

“So why did you want to talk?” I asked, breaking the silence. Shikamaru stopped walking and faced me. I noticed Shikamaru seemed nervous about something, but what could he possibly be nervous about I wonder.

“Reina, I…I…I like you, a lot” stuttered Shikamaru. I felt my body tense.

“You do?” I asked, shocked. Shikamaru walked closer to me,

“You’re beautiful, strong, mature, calm, not troublesome, and you like to just sit back and relax. How could I now like you?” By the time Shikamaru stopped talking our bodies were touching and our lips inches apart.

“I…I...I like you too,” I stammered. Shikamaru smirked.

“I figured,” he said. He closed the distance between us and kissed me. I felt my face turn red, but I kissed back, naturally. “Be mine?” Shikamaru asked between kisses.

“Of course,” I said.