•ஐChasing Dreamsஐ• (Volkner)

“Come on, Kimiko, you have to go. It’s a once in a lifetime type of thing,” Ash repeated himself again for the hundredth time. Honestly it was starting to get on my nervous. I gave Ash an annoyed look, even though I don’t think that it was really working all that well since we’ve been sitting here at the café arguing for almost 20 minutes about me joining the Sinnoh Pokémon league with him since I do have all 8 badges. My lips parted slightly, a long, deep sigh escaping them.

“It’s not really a once in a lifetime type of thing, Ash. They have it every 2 years” I said. Anyone could easily tell that I was getting super annoyed with this conversation. Not only that but I was really bored. I don’t like large crowds and this place was packed. Ash’s eyebrows came together, giving me a confused look.

“Why not Kimiko, you have all 8 badges, so why not join?” It was the same question that he’s been asking me since he learned that I had earned my 8th Sinnoh badge. He did this too back in Kanto when I won all 8 badges, but I still didn’t join and I knew that bothered him a lot.

“I don’t know Ash. I’ve never really been in a Pokémon league before. And you know how I feel about large crowds” I explained to him. It was true I’ve never been in a Pokémon league before only because I hate large crowds. Large crowds honestly freak me out and I get super nervous in them and can’t react normally. I go into shock almost.

“Well I think that you should go, Kimiko” Both Ash and I turned our heads towards the end of our table. Immediately my face started to turn red and my heart started to race. It was Volkner the Sunny shore gym leader and also someone that I’ve had a huge crush on since I met him almost a month ago. Volkner and I aren’t really close friends, but we have hung out quite a few times since I won against him in a gym battle. Volkner’s blue eyes immediately locked with my green ones, he was giving me a serious look; almost a little too seriously. “You’re an amazing trainer, Kimiko. And you have a lot of skill. So what if you fear large crowds? You need to get over that fear and join the Sinnoh league. After all you did tell me that one day you dreamt of becoming the Pokémon league champion and you can’t achieve your dream if you don’t face your fears.” Ash turned his head, his eyes locking with mine. His face turned soft yet serious at the same time.

“You never told me that you wanted to become the Pokémon league champion” Ash said softly. It was like he was a little hurt that I didn’t tell him. I mean we have been friends since we were little. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, only opening them to lock eyes with Ash again.

“I’m sorry that I never told you, Ash. It wasn’t like I was trying to keep it from you. It’s just that I knew my fear of crowds wouldn’t let me fully achieve my goal, my dreams. Plus your dream is to become the world’s best Pokémon trainer and since I knew that I probably would never achieve my dreams of becoming the Pokémon league champion because of my fears, I thought that I would at least help you achieve your dreams. That’s what best friends do, right?” I said, giving him a big smile. Ash’s lips curved downward. He looked upset, very upset. I thought that he would be happy with me for helping him achieve his dreams that he has had since before he became a trainer. “What is it, Ash?” I questioned. Ash’s eyes narrowed a little.

“What is it? What you just said is totally wrong, Kimiko” Ash said, his voice raising a little.

“Ash, calm down” Volkner said calmly as he walked over to Ash and placed his hand on his shoulder. Ash shook his head back and forth and shrugged Volkner’s hand off of his shoulder.

“No don’t tell me to calm down. You know its wrong too, Volkner” Ash looked at Volkner, both of them locked in an intense stare.

“Yes, you’re right. It is wrong, but it’s her choice. We as her friends may not like some of the decisions that she makes, but we still should stand behind her and support her a hundred percent of the way.” Ash shook his head again, his eyes moving from Volkner’s and locking with mine.