~ Chapter 9 ~

Everything changed after that night, It had been over 3 years since the Gryffindors decided to give me a second chance. Things became so much easier ever since that happened, I started to make friends with not only the people in my house and Slytherin, but even with the others from Hufflepuff. My Father was still protective over me and would check on me once in a while to make sure I was happy. I appreciated all the effort my father has done for me.. But i've noticed how stressful it has gotten for him.. He has been busy with not only his lessons for his classes, but Mason has been finding ways to break the rules and visit me and Draco

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was early in the morning when I woke up, I slowly stood up and looked around the dorm. It was difficult for me to go to the bathroom because how how dark the room was this morning, I looked to the side and saw the only source of light. The sky was still a dark blue, but the sun was slowly coming out. I looked around the dorm room and saw how everyone had their trunks all packed and ready for the school year to end. I slowly tiptoed to my closet and got my outfit ready, as I slowly walked to the bathroom I noticed Alicia Spinnet was nowhere to be seen. I didn't really think much of it, so I just got ready and walked down the stairs to make sure i had all my things packed up in my trunk. Before i picked up my books on the couch, I heard people arguing in the corner of the common room. It was still dark due to how early it was so I couldn't see who they were. I decided to check on what was happening so I hid behind the stairs and slowly walked to the noise. As I squinted my eyes, I saw a familiar redhead.. It was George Weasley and Alicia Spinnet. They have been dating for almost a year now.. It honestly broke my heart to see him with someone else but he looked happier

Before i walked to the couch i overheard George's raspy voice say "we are over! I can't believe you did this to me.. I have done everything for you to love me.. And yet i was still not good enough" When i heard him say that, my heart broke.. He shouldn't be feeling this way.. I wish i could hug him.. I've always had feelings for him.. I wanted to tell him after we became close.. But then he started dating- before i could finish my thoughts i heard Alicia say "i'm sorry! You need to forgive me" after she said that I could hear someone standing up and walking away. As soon as I started hearing the footsteps coming towards the area I was hiding in I ran straight to the couch and pretended that I was packing up and collecting my books. As I looked up I saw George on his way to the couch. Before I could say anything he sat on the other side of the couch with his hands covering his face.. As he sat there I saw Alicia run to the girls dorm, once I noticed the door slammed shut behind us I sat beside George and rubbed his back. Before I could say anything he wrapped his arms around me and started to cry. It felt like we have been hugging for hours.. and I tried to remember this moment for a while, before I could say anything George looked up at me and I started notice how puffy his eyes had become. I passed my water to him and rubbed his back "you need to drink water george.. Please" as i said that he looked at me and nodded. after watching him chug down the water he placed the glass on the table infant of us then laid his head on my shoulder. As he laid there I held his hand, he looked up and said "y/n.. I'm really sorry you have to see me like this.. It's just today is not my day..." i looked at him and gave him a sympathetic smile "Alicia told me this morning that she cheated on me.." i couldn't do anything.. I sighed and before I could say anything I started to stand up, I looked back at George and stretched out my hand "let us get you cleaned up and get some breakfast shall we?" he looked at me and slowly smiled while nodding.

After finding George a new outfit and washing his face we walked into the great hall. There weren't many people so we were able to talk and not worry about others asking George if he was alright or overhearing our conversation. After eating our breakfast we both stood up and started to talk about our plans for the summer. George told me how he would love for me to stay in the burrow with him and his family, but he needs to ask his mother.. I want to go! The entire time we were walking back to the common room, he was talking about how it was like to be staying in the burrow during summer.. It sounded even more amazing as the time passed. When we reached the portrait i told George that i will pass by my dad's office and that i'll see him later, he just nodded and waved as he entered the common room.

while i was walking to my fathers office i started to think to myself tomorrow is when summer break starts.. If father and George's mother will allow me to stay in the burrow I could have so much fun this summer! I need to get over George.. He is my best friend and i don't think he will ever see me the way i see him and he even just got out of a relationship.. As soon as I cleared all my thoughts I was outside my dad's office door.