~Prologue~

I was 2 years old when my mother died, everything changed then.. Father always told both me and Mason stories about her and how she did everything to protect us from being harmed or getting this so-called "dark mark", even if it would lead to sacrificing her own life. He always enjoyed talking about her, how she had dark blue eyes like the ocean and black hair as dark as the night. He would enter our room every night and sit between both beds and talk about all the fond memories we all had with our mother before she died. He used to tell us how she would sit between me and Mason, she would wait for us to go to bed and hum to us songs that would help us fall asleep. Every time she would go on adventures for work she would go back home with muggle items, and leave them in the end of our beds waiting to see our excitement/reactions. After that night when my mother died, father had to find a way to take care of both me and mason. He found it quite challenging and difficult, but he had the support of our neighbors, the Malfoy's. Narcissa and Lucius were like my second parents. They would always welcome us to their house especially when there's a holiday and would celebrate our birthdays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(On your birthday)

I woke up to my brother shaking me awake, "y/n! Come on!! Father and I have a surprise for you!" Before I could cover my face with the covers, he grabbed me and pulled me out of bed. Once I rolled over, I sat up to Mason and father , smiling cheekily. Once I went out of bed, they both ran out of my room and left my door open signaling I should go down. I got my outfit and ran down the steps. As I reached the last few steps of the stairs the lights turned on. All my house elves were looking at me with small smiles on their faces "ah! You're finally awake!! Happy birthday" they all said in unison and started to clap, before I could say anything one of them older house elves cut me off and stepped forward "your father told us to inform you, that both him and your brother are at the malfoy's house!" I thanked them and ran straight towards the small garden that connects our manor to the Malfoy's. As I knocked, dobby opened the door with a wide smile on his face "morning! Happy birthday!" I thanked him and looked behind him as he opened the door. The Malfoy's were all staring at me beside father and mason, I then looked beside them and saw long tables filled with all my favorite types of food. Once I reached the enter the manor I ran straight to both my father and the Malfoy's who had their arms wide open, I hugged them right and said "thank you, thank you, thank you!" After saying that they all just nodded and giggled.

Once we were all settled and full from the heavy lunch, me, mason and Draco ran out of the house and into their garden. We all then started to chase one another and run around the garden as Draco sat on one of the benches and called for Dobby to fetch him some water. Me and my brother continued chasing one another running around the garden. After a few minutes me and Mason sat down next to Draco, after talking and drinking our water two owls went to both me and Draco's shoulder. We looked at each other with confused expressions and then I noticed the parchment on the left foot. I slowly took it out of the owl's leg and petted it while it moved to my leg. Me and Draco then slowly opened the letter and screamed after reading the parchment.

Dear y/n,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

Both our parents then ran out of the house with their wands out and with worried expressions on their face. Once they noticed the letters in our hands they put their wands down and walked towards us with their arms open, I ran to my father and hugged him "father! Can you believe it?! I got in!! Do you think i'll be a Slytherin just like the 3 of you?!" he just chuckled then let go of the hug "i am very proud of you my love, i guess we must be on our way then, i have a surprise for you! We can come back to the Malfoy's after I show you my gift.'' I just nodded and gestured to the mason to hold my hand and follow us, and so he did.

A/n: any thoughts on the story? i just thought of a full story line last night and wanted to see what would happen if i posted it, i'm writing the next few chapters already! i just wanted to post a prologue so that people would know how the basis of book is like! if you like it pls comment it down below so i'd know if i should continue it or not!! anyways have a good day <3