Our little secret (The Incredibles)

HimeOfShyness

———————-

You'd think keeping a secret identity from your parents and your little sister would be easy. Well, you're so mistaken. Brisk was NOT having the time of his life. Though, it was better than his crappy job. But another thing his parents didn't know, was the fact that he lost his job in the first place. His mom still think's he's at work. And his sister believes whatever her mom believes. And his dad...well, there distance was getting larger. Xena tried to bring them closer with a movie, but then it caused Swift to make a bad comment about one of the characters while Brisk tried to defend him. Yeah, not his coolest moment.

Now, he was driving to his cousin's house. Amber. Her power is the exact opposite of his. Fire. Eternal burning is what it's actually called.

Brisk pulled up towards the driveway and parked his car. Immediately, a young woman about his age came outside. "Hey Brisk." Amber said as Brisk greeted her with a hug. "Hey. How's my favorite cousin."

"I thought Shade was your favorite."

"He's my favorite 'boy' cousin. You're my favorite 'girl'." Amber giggled and led him inside.

Amber's house was the tallest of them all. She had robot service and all the latest new technology. Mostly it was all just from her parents who happens to be superheroes back in the day. "Rover. Bring my cousin a glass of champagne please." Amber said to her robot Rover as he went off to fetch there drinks. "I heard about your job. How're you doing with it?"

"Actually that's what I came to talk about."

Then, Brisk told her everything. He and Shade's patrol, the fight with his father, how he quit his job, and his friend Lea who gave him his secret job.

When he was done, Amber was frozen solid. "I...I don't know what to say." She replied as she jumped after finding that Rover returned with there drinks. Amber almost instantly took a sip as Brisk took one as well. "Brisk, does anyone else know?"

"No. You're the first." Amber faceplamed. She was always the first to know. If Xena wasn't available, then Amber was his second bet. "So why tell me?" She asked as Brisk grabbed a suit case that Amber didn't know he had.

He unzipped it to reveal his father's old superhero uniform. Amber's eyes were as wide as the sun. "Are you out of your mind!? Uncle Swift could kill you!"

"He's gonna kill me anyway when he sees this." Brisk replied as he showed Amber the hole he made in the suit. "Brisk are you-!"

"Look, I just need you to fix it okay?" Brisk said as Amber looked at the hole again. It was a big hole, but it was also an easy fix. She could have that done in about 30 minutes to an hour or so. "Look, I know it might cost ya so I'll see if I can-"

"No charge." Amber replied as she took the suit from his hands. Brisk didn't even know she had it until a couple of seconds ago. "Wait you'll fix it?"

"Sure. How else are you gonna keep your secret." Amber said as she asked Rover to put the suit in her room. "Thank you so much Amber. I owe you so much."

"Oh ya think?" Amber said as they both laughed. "And just because you showed up to say hi, I might just make you a super suit as well." That made Brisk pause. He was sure that he heard her wrong. "You mean it?"

"Yep." She said with a really big smile on her face. Brisk instantly picked her up and kissed her cheek making her yelp. "You are the best. I love you so much." Brisk said earning him another laugh from his cousin. "And you promise not to tell anyone right?" Brisk asked as Amber nodded. "It'll be our little secret."