"This is Hydro.....I'm in."

(Brisk and Xena belong to HimeOfShyness And Lea belongs to me)

Brisk, who has now quit his horrible job, was walking in the rain. When he was a kid, he and his sister Xena would always make watermen. Sorta like snowmen but in the water. Those were usually the days when he was happy. And he missed playing with both his sister and his powers. It was one of those days where he felt like himself.

But this rainy day, wasn't one of them. He was completely miserable. He didn't know why. He thought if he'd quit, he'd feel happy. That he'd finally feel like himself again. But it didn't work.

As Brisk looked up, he noticed the dark sky. He was gonna be late home again. Well, it didn't matter. Nothing matter anymore. His phone in his pocket buzzed. Thinking it was his parents, he was gonna hang up, but it was a random number. He answered it. "Hello?"

"Turn to your right." Due to reflexes and both thinking straight, Brisk did just that and noticed a light green turtle in the alley. Brisk hung up the phone. "Wait...I've seen you before."

"I know." The turtle was a girl with a light blue bandana on her neck. She was wearing a black t-shit and ripped jeans. "I'm your co-worker. Well, was anyway." She said as she flexed her knuckles.

Brisk came closer. "Why'd you call me?"

"Seemed more appropriate." She replied. Brisk crossed his arms. "Okay, is there a pacific reason for-" Before Brisk could finish, the turtle created a cloud of steam and forced it at Brisk. Brisk widen his eyes and blocked the attack but in the process made the ultimate price. By blocking the steam, it meant revealing his water powers.

Brisk dropped his hands along with the water that came with it. "I-I shouldn't be-"

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." The turtle said as she danced her hands around creating another cloud of steam. "I'm Lea by the way."

"How'd you know I had water powers?"

"Every time you go to get water, you make sure no one else is looking and poor water from your own finger." Lea replied as Brisk blushed from embarrassment. Lea chuckled as his response. "I'm not surprised you decided to quit. As a matter of fact,  a lot of Baxter's co-workers left there jobs. It was only a matter of time, before you would join them." Lea said as Brisk chuckled nervously this time. "We're you one of them too?"

"I quit right after you did. Just ran out and left." Lea replied as she sat down on a bench. Brisk sat down with her. "So, about your powers, what do you do?" Brisk asked as Lea opened her purse that she had with her and a giant pack of steam floated out. She danced her fingers again causing the steam to create shapes and pictures. "I can bend steam. Heated water. Similar to yours but more....stealthier." Lea smirked as Brisk returned it. "What about yours hotshot?"

"Unlike you, I have less restriction. I can not only make water hot, but also cold enough to turn into ice." Brisk danced his own fingers creating two lines. One was cold water and the other was flaming hot. The hot water was steaming while the cold water was frozen in place. "As long as there are water particles in an object, I'm about to control it." He finished as Lea was wide with her eyes. "Wow. That's amazing. I always wanted to control ice." She said as she controlled her steam a little more.

For a long while, the two of them talked. This was the first time Brisk has ever been comfortable talking to someone with similar abilities like him. Sure his sister had them, but someone that didn't hav family blood.

Brisk and Lea sat there in silence for a moment until Lea said, "You know your father was a hero." Brisk turned to her. "But...how-"

"Hamato Brisk. Your father said his true identity right before the supers were illegal." Brisk nodded in understanding. "One time...there's was a woman in a burning building. She was trapped with a baby in her arms. There was no where for her to go. She was going to die along with her baby. But then, someone smashed through the ceiling. The figures created a giant storm of rain and spun it around the house, causing a tidal wave to sweep all the water away." Once Lea finished her story, Brisk pressed his index finger and thumb to his nose. "Yep, that's my father alright. What happened to the mother and her child?"

"The mother....she didn't make it." Brisk was shocked to hear this. A baby that grew up without a mother must've been heartbreaking to hear. "That's horrible. And the child?"

"No one knows what happened to the child. Though it probably doesn't remember what happened." Brisk was about to say something when his phone buzzed. It was a call from his mother. "Sorry, I gotta take this." Brisk was about to answer when Lea grabbed his hand. She put a phone card in there and said, "Say you name, say your ego, say 'I'm in'." With that, Lea used her steam powers to break down her body into nothing but steam and floated out of the alley.

Brisk was confused, but he put the card in his pocket and left the alley.

———————

When Brisk walked inside, his mother kept yelling at him for being late again. He wasn't usually paying attention. He noticed his sister in the kitchen eating an apple and his father watching TV. He didn't wanna disturb him so he brushed off his mother and walked into his room.

Quickly shutting the door, he pulled out the card. "Say my name? My ego?" He said as he put the card on his night stand.

What was that about? What's going on? Brisk was filled with too many questions. Maybe this had something to do with Hydro. His powers. What if this is something he can do for good. He can finally get heroes back on the map. They can finally get the appreciation they deserve. All of them. Inferno, Electro, Ember, Tsunami, all of them. Even his father. He needed to make it up to his father. And this is something that he can do.

Brisk looked at the card and said, "Don't worry dad, I'll make you proud of me." With that, Brisk picked up the phone and said his lines. "Hello?"

"My name is Hamato Brisk. This is Hydro....I'm in."