𝗍𝖾𝗇

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

Just like expected, Miyeon's behavior caused my already depressed mood to get even worse, making me tumble down a cliff with only depression awaiting me on the ground. After she had left the studio, busily ignoring me just like during the whole practice, the obnoxious clicking sounds of her high heels on the floor piercing through my skull and making my head hurt, all my energy had drained. And since visiting hours of the hospital my mother was in were extremely short and the nurses very strict, I hadn't even the time to release my bottled-up emotions through living my passion with dancing.

With tired limbs, I changed into my usual streetwear before quickly leaving the dance studio. After making sure I had locked the door properly, I started walking through the icy air, my bag swinging over my shoulder, the movement much more livid than I felt. Since the hospital was situated in the neighbor town and I didn't own a car, the only way to get there was by train, hence was I walking to the only train station in the village. It didn't take long for me to arrive there, but it certainly took an eternity until the train would eventually arrive since the small town was too rural for trains to stop there more often than once every hour. Impatiently, I walked forth and back, trying to warm up my body that was shivering not only due to the cold, hostile weather but also out of unease and nervosity.

Finally, the train appeared in my vision, screeching as it slowly came to a halt, making me wince at the sudden noise. As soon as it stood and the doors had opened with a hissing sound, I stepped inside, nearly sighing in bliss when warmth kindly welcomed me into its arms. After sitting in one of the seats and taking a quick glance around, I noticed that I was almost the only person on the whole train, the only other passenger being an old lady who was sitting far away from me, her hands clutching her purse tightly while her eyes stared outside, void from emotions. At this time of the day, most people traveling by train were usually taking the one into the other direction as they were coming from the neighbor town since most of them had a workplace there and were now returning home.

After a quarter-hour of the train passing fields and traveling through autumnally colored forests, I eventually saw houses starting to line up, growing taller and taller as we approached the center. We had finally reached the town and were getting closer to the hospital. Just thinking about what would await me there made me pull up my shoulders in dis-ease.

We would arrive soon at the station where I had to exit the train, so I stood up and waited in front of the automatic doors, slightly swaying from the unsteady movements. Out of the corners of my eyes, I noticed the old lady also getting up and standing next to me with a bitter expression.

"Next stop: Hospital," the speaker announced with a monotone voice, sounding just as exhausted as I was feeling.

The train stopped abruptly, causing the lady next to me to stumble, her hands frantically flattering through the air as she searched for something to hold. With startled eyes, I was quick to catch and stabilize her, and she looked at me with thankfulness in her eyes, forcing a smile that looked rather like a grimace.