11

Vrishali carefully painted the paper, she doesn't want to mess with this again

Vrishali carefully painted the paper, she doesn't want to mess with this again. Her gaze shifted to the different papers laying on the floor. She needs to dry them up as she worked on her art.

Her classes started, she joined the local college but she is also doing her open degree course in the previous college online as only two semesters left.

She heard a knock on the door making her stop painting. "Come in."

Padmanabh entered the room surprising her. His gaze went to her hair as she tied it into a messy bun. He watched her sitting posture which made him gulp down the lump in his throat.

"Busy?" He asked her walking inside. She is sitting on the floor with all the drawing sheets and colours.

"Just finishing it off," Vrishali replied looking up at him. Without him noticing she checked him out. This is the second time he entered her room. She wonders why he is here, he became busy over the week.

"I'm going out to have a cup of tea, decided to ask you. Will you join me?" She smiled standing up.

"Love to, give me some time. I will wash this off and change my clothes," Vrishali spoke walking towards her bathroom. Not so purposely Padmanabh's eyes went to her back and legs as she wore a pair of cotton shorts. He blinked his eyes as he observed her back.

He looked away when she turned around, "Sit there, it will take some time."

Vrishali pulled her lips into the mouth as she controlled her smile, she caught him checking her out again. It's actually very funny whenever she turns around he quickly looks away.

Padmanabh admired her work which is laying on the floor as he waited for her to come. It's been days since he spent some time with her. Her college started and he was busy with his new project.

Vrishali quickly pulled the yoga pants on and grabbed a loose t-shirt. She brushed her hair before stepping out in a pair of slippers.

She is happy to see him, she missed his presence. Padmanabh stood up when she stepped out of the closet. He let her walk first as he silently followed her. He looked at the walls not wanting to look at her back. Now her messy ponytail and neck caught his attention.

He smiled watching her ponytail do the side-by-side dance as she walked ahead. He kind of adores her height, she is too small standing before him.

"How was the project?" Vrishali asked him as they got settled in the car.

"It went good, we are planning to renovate the rooms of present Amal Palace. It will be used as a hotel."

"That's good." Padmanabh drove to the usual place where they have chai(tea).

She spoke about her classes and the new friends she made as Padmanabh listened to her attentively. In college, not many know that she is married, the few who know about her marriage don't know about Padmanabh.