34

"Why do you look so down?" Aryan asked taking the coke can from Vrishali's hands

"Why do you look so down?" Aryan asked taking the coke can from Vrishali's hands. Vrishali doesn't say anything just watches the wall with a blank look.

"What happened?" Aryan asked walking over to Hailey who is getting ready.

"Padmanabh isn't going to be there. He called her last night saying he can't attend her graduation as he had to attend an important meeting in Tokyo."

"Is that a prank or is he really not going to be there?"

"Duffer, why would he prank her? He is seriously not going to be there. That's the reason she is feeling down."

"Vrishali, are you guys ready? We need to leave in ten minutes," Gauravi said entering the door after knocking on it.

"Yes aunty, we are done. Hailey is just taking her time," Aryan said. Hailey smacked Aryan's arm before brushing her hair.

"Vrishali darling, it's okay. You don't have to be sad on your graduation day gudiya. Anyway, we will be travelling to India next week after your farewell. You will be seeing him soon..." Gauravi said pulling Vrishali up from her seat.

"But I really wanted him to be present for my graduation ma. He promised me that he would be there but then he suddenly said he can't make it."

Aryan and Hailey shared a look before stepping out of the room to give the mother and daughter privacy.

"Gudiya... Understand, we can't always fulfil the promises. Don't be sad, we are here. Come on, it's time to go," Gauravi said hugging Vrishali.

"Okay." She picked her graduation coat and hat along with her bag.

The dress code for all the graduating students is black and white. Vrishali wore a cute short white dress with puffed sleeves.

"Let me take your photos," Gauravi said grabbing her camera.

Aryan stood in between Vrishali and Hailey. They have posed for the pictures while Gauravi clicked the photos.

"You guys ready?" Deepash asked.

"Yes."

"Your parents are coming?" Vrishali asked Aryan.

"Don't know and no hopes. Maybe my older brother will be there," Aryan replied.

"What about you?"

"My parents are already there with my brothers."

Hailey came to Vrishali's home only because she isn't good with make-up. She wants to look good in her graduation pictures so she stayed in Vrishali's home along with Aryan.

"We will drive my car," Vrishali said to her parents.

"Okay."

"Who is going to drive?" Hailey asked looking at Vrishali and Aryan.