13

Vrishali's lips pulled into a straight line when the strange lady took long steps towards Padmanabh and hugged him tightly

"Harika?" Vrishali heard Padmanabh.

Padmanabh was surprised seeing Harika but he was more surprised when she hugged him, she clearly knows that he doesn't like physical touching which is why they never hugged in their eighteen years of friendship.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him. Vrishali stood there watching them both with a frown on her face.

"I'm here with my family, what about you?" Padmanabh asked her finally stepping away from the hug.

He just feels weird and uncomfortable whenever people step into his comfort zone even when he knows them. He only feels comfortable with a few people. Those few people include his sister and her kids. He keeps his distance from others.

"I'm here for some work, I didn't know that I would be meeting you here."

"When did you return from London? I thought you were in London," Padmanabh spoke looking at his close friend.

Harika and Vijay were his close friends. They were friends since childhood, he met Harika through Vijay. He doesn't talk much but they were close, he used to hang out with them.

Harika loved playing golf or going on a horse ride with Vijay and him.

"Because my dear Pacho the last time you called me was a year ago when I was in London. Anything can happen in a year and right now I'm here for work but I will be going somewhere."

Vrishali bite her lip when she heard the lady call Padmanabh as my dear Pacho. She felt the frustration and anger building up...

Padmanabh's eye twitched when he heard Harika say that. For some reason, her way of talking with him or addressing him is changed. He wants to point that out but that would be rude so he kept quiet.

"You came here with your family? It's been so long since I met them. Where are they?" Harika asked.

"Kamma gani sa, kaise ho nana sa, nani sa? (Hello, how are you grandpa and grandma?)" Harika asked Sawai Bhawani Singh and rajmatha Falguni Singh. She bent down touching their feet and taking blessings.

"Gani kamma, we are good. How are you beti? Bahut din hogayi dheke thumhe ( it's been so long seeing you) "Sawai Bhawani Singh said.

Vrishali stood behind them silently looking at the lady. She is tall, fair and got shoulder-length hair which made her look beautiful.

She is a beauty for sure and that made Vrishali uncomfortable and insecure. Diya Kumari and Narendra Singh entered the room, Harika greeted them.

Vrishali's eyes met Diya Kumari's. Vrishali felt a bad feeling when she watched the sick smile playing on Diya Kumari's face.