8

A smile made its way to her face as she slowly walked down the hall, watching the lake, trees and birds

Her yellow dupatta fell off her shoulders as the breeze brushed her, making her inhale happily. Pulling the dupatta back to its place, she smiled at Rajmatha Falguni Singh.

"You look pretty, dear." Rajmatha Falguni said, looking at Vrishali, who was sitting in the vintage chair.

She called Vrishali for an evening tea beside the lake. "It's so beautiful here; I don't know there is a place like this in the palace," Vrishali spoke, looking at the lake.

Rajmatha Falguni Singh chuckled, pouring the steaming tea into the cup. "How is Padmanabh treating you?" Rajmatha Falguni Singh asked, handing the cup to Vrishali.

Vrishali suddenly felt shy, and she didn't know what to say. It's been two weeks since he helped her in the kitchen. They haven't spoken anything but being in each other's presence in the evening.

Vrishali has started working on her summer assignments, and he is busy with his work. "He is good."

Rajmatha Falguni Singh laughed. "I know Pacho is very slow at this; he doesn't let anyone know his feelings."

Vrishali chuckled, agreeing. Naina and Arjun left two days ago, and Vrishali enjoyed her time with Naina and the kids. Now, she needs to learn how to spend her time.

"How are your parents? Did they leave for New York?" Rajmatha Falguni Singh asked, sipping her tea.

"They are good, they are leaving tomorrow."

"Oh, why don't you and Padmanabh go to send off? Padmanabh will take you. You both can spend some alone time."

Vrishali smiled happily and was excited to meet her parents. She couldn't meet them because of Diya Kumari. She allowed Radhika and her parents to meet them, but she didn't let her meet them.

Vrishali spent the rest of the evening with Rajmatha Falguni Singh. Vrishali told stories about her lifestyle back in New York, her friends, college, school, and trips.

Rajmatha Falguni Singh listened to Vrishali attentively. She is happy to spend her time with Vrishali.

Vrishali returned to her and Padmanabh's private apartment to freshen up for dinner. She was startled to see Padmanabh in the bathroom. The steam and the smell of sandalwood hit her.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were there," Vrishali said, closing the door. Her cheeks turned bright red as she remembered what little she saw.

He was changing clothes when Vrishali opened the bathroom door. Padmanabh looked at the closed door and quickly put on the cotton kurtha. He needs to remind himself to lock the door; he is habituated to his old habits.

Vrishali waited as Padmanabh walked out of the bathroom, letting her use the washroom. Vrishali glanced at Padmanabh, who was now walking toward the living room. A smile graced her lips as she smelled the fantastic smell of his soap.