14

Vrishali groaned in pain looking at her reflection in the mirror

Vrishali groaned in pain looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her long hair is taking so much time while she styles it in a fishtail hairstyle.

She woke up early in the morning by four as it takes so much time to get ready. She draped herself in a beautiful green Kanchipuram silk saree.

It took her almost one hour to tie the saree in a proper manner. The only thing which is left is the makeup and putting on the jewellery. Good thing she learned how to tie a saree from Naina and her mother.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in..." She spoke looking at the door in the mirror.

Padmanabh opened the door, stepped in and found Vrishali standing before the mirror. He blinked his eyes looking at her reflection in the mirror as she worked on her long hair.

He scanned her from head to toe. He never saw her wearing a saree as Marwari women mostly preferred poshak and lehengas. He gulped down the lump looking away when she turned around to face him.

"Good morning," he said standing there awkwardly.

"Good morning."

"Hmm, do you mind if I use the restroom to get ready? There is no guest restroom," he spoke looking at her.

Vrishali nodded her head, "sure, I just need the mirror."

Padmanabh went to the living room where he kept the luggage. He exhaled heavily after stepping out of the room.

"What's wrong with me..." He whispered to himself. He never felt like this before. He walked back to the bedroom to see Vrishali applying eyeliner.

Without saying anything he made a beeline toward the restroom. Vrishali looked at the closed bathroom and quickly stood up with her makeup bag.

She went to the living room to do her make-up and to put on her jewellery. She kept her make-up simple, added small floral pins to her hair making it look beautiful.

"Long hair is tiring but it's beautiful." She murmured looking at herself in the medium-sized mirror that she carries with her.

She clicked her pictures and sent them to her mum, dad, cousins and other friends. She smiled as they complimented her.

She laughed out loud when her male friends from college and school started hyping her up. She was quite famous in her high school as she was one of the cheerleaders in the school. Rolling her eyes she texted back saying about her whereabouts.

Padmanabh pushed the wet locks of his hair back buttoning his silk jacket which he wore on the white kurta. He doesn't have the time to use the hair drier nor he prefers that. He left his wet hair to air dry naturally while putting on his watch.

He looked at the door hearing Vrishali's laugh. His phone started ringing. He answered it looking at the caller ID.

"Hello." He listened to the other side.