9

Padmanabh waited patiently in the living room

Padmanabh waited patiently in the living room. It's early morning, as Vrishali's parent's flight is at 6:00 am. Vrishali walked into the living room with her hair in a high ponytail. She is wearing skinny jeans, a white T-shirt, and a jacket.

She looked at Padmanabh, whose head was leaning back on the sofa with his eyes closed. There were dark circles, and his face seemed too tired. He got a haircut; it looks neat and good, complimenting his facial features.

He is wearing an ikat straight maroon kurta. Vrishali never saw him wearing t-shirts. He only wore Indian ethnic wear.

Padmanabh suddenly sat up and looked at Vrishali. "We need to leave now. Did you talk to your parents?"

She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Knowing she will wear Western clothes sooner or later, he isn't surprised.

"No, I want to surprise them," Vrishali said. Padmanabh nodded his head. Vrishali followed Padmanabh. The Royal guards bowed their heads in respect.

Padmanabh greeted everyone with Good morning, surprising Vrishali. She believed he would ignore or nod his head in return. Vrishali observed every hall and wall as they passed. The interior and architecture of the whole palace are beautiful.

A car is already waiting for them. Vrishali knew the vehicle immediately. It's a Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV. Hardik is obsessed with this car as it is custom-made.

Padmanabh took the keys from the man and walked towards the driver's side. The guard opened the car door for Vrishali. "Thank you," she said softly, smiling.

She put on her seatbelt, sinking into the soft leather seat of the car. She observed the car interior as Padmanabh started driving. It was still dark outside.

As he drove, Vrishali observed the local vendors opening their shops—a passing milkman with his cans on either side of the bike. A smile played on her face as she watched them. They passed an old newspaper stall with the man arranging the daily newspaper.

Padmanabh tilted his head, watching Vrishali, gazing out the window, observing the passersby—the local shopkeepers and vegetable merchants who started their day before sunrise by opening their shops.

Padmanabh pulled over, stopping at a tea stall. "We will have Chai and a butter-brushed bun," he said. Vrishali nodded her head, getting outside and following Padmanabh. She had always wanted to try tea from 'Gulabji Chai Wale', but she couldn't.

The owner of the shop, who is an old man, greeted Padmanabh with a respective bow. Padmanabh greeted back, "Dho(two) Chai and butter buns kaka(uncle)."

Padmanabh sat on the bench. Vrishali was amazed to see how friendly he was with the man. She took a seat beside him. "I sometimes stop here for morning or evening chai."

"Really? Why? Don't you like Palace's Chai?" Vrishali asked with a teasing look. To her great surprise, she saw his lips twitch upside down into a smile—a small one. . . Anyway, he smiled!