6

"Ma, I'm not understanding anything

"Ma, I'm not understanding anything. There isn't anyone to help me. I feel so lonely here," Vrishali spoke sadly as she looked at the room's walls.

"Vrishali, it's okay. I'm sure Naina would help you with the saree." Vrishali ended the call and groaned out loudly.

Her so-called mother-in-law, Diya Kumari, ensured no one helped her. Vrishali knew Diya Kumari hated her, but she hadn't expected her to start her hating game so early.

On her third day in the palace, Vrishali has yet to sleep in the same room as Padmanabh. Tonight is their first night together, and she is feeling extremely nervous. She hadn't seen him yesterday as she had spent time with Naina and Rajmatha Falguni Singh, who made her feel at home. Vrishali misses her parents and cousins very much.

Riddi and Nandhini called her often and teased her about the first night. There was a knock on the door before Naina entered the room, making Vrishali smile.

"Thank god you are here! I was going to call you." Vrishali spoke as the six-year-old Akshay and three-year-old Akshita followed their mum behind.

"Why aren't you ready yet? I'm sorry about my mum. She tends to do things when she doesn't like something." Naina spoke, rolling her eyes.

Naina and her mother aren't talking regularly as she married a guy she fell in love with. Her father, grandparents, and even her cold-hearted brother accepted Arjun, but her mother couldn't.

"I never wore a saree in my whole life. I don't know how to drape it." Vrishali said shyly.

Naina laughed. "It's okay, Vrishali, even I used to have a problem with sarees. But YouTube became a lifesaver."

Naina helped Vrishali with the saree. Vrishali concentrated on how Naina was draping the saree. Akshay and Akshita got bored and ran away to where their dad was.

"So, you and Arjun shifted to Mumbai because of Arjun's business?" Vrishali asked.

"Yes, we both met in London. He was my senior, and I was the scared, shy junior. His friend's sisters were my friends, so we got the chance to hang out together. Fast forward, here we are with two kids, living our life together."

"Hmm, I always believed I would meet someone, fall in love, travel and then marry the person," Vrishali says with a frown. Naina saw the sad frown on her face.

"Vrishali, I used to believe I would marry the guy my parents chose. You know, arranged marriage, but fate has planned differently. Cherish the things which happened. Maybe you will be happier than you ever thought."

Vrishali signed deeply. "I know my mum can be a pain in the ass, but my grandparents, especially dadi(grandma), are friendly and good. My brother may not show or express his feelings, but trust me, he cares deeply for his family. I agree he is boring and doesn't enjoy life, so it's up to you to change him."