15

Vrishali kept her gaze down pulling her lower lip inside her mouth

Vrishali kept her gaze down pulling her lower lip inside her mouth. She tried not to look at Harika or Vijay. The silence is awkward and she wishes she was somewhere else than here.

"So... Vrishali what you are studying right now?" Vijay broke the silence. Vrishali finally looked up, making eye contact with Vijay.

"Fashion designing, in my final year," Vrishali answered politely. Vijay nodded his head, her thick New York accent can't be ignored.

"Like online classes or you enrolled in any college here?" He asked not wanting to feel the awkward silence as they waited for Padmanabh. Nor he wants to make Vrishali uncomfortable and he wants to know about the little girl sitting before him. He still can't believe that his best friend is married before him.

"I haven't discontinued my studies in my previous college. But also joined the local private college."

Vrishali kept her gaze fixed on Vijay who has been polite enough to start a conversation with her. Harika quietly observed Vrishali under her calculative eyes.

"Oh, so what about the previous college? Like if you didn't discontinue then they would've asked you to attend online classes right?"

Vrishali smiled, "they hardly care about the attendance, to be honest. You need to finish the assignments and your semester work. If you submit all your assignments then they would be giving you a grade."

"Ohoh... This is good, we were made to attend every class. Fuck, those early morning classes were a nightmare," Vijay said sipping his water.

Vrishali laughed taking Vijay by surprise, she got a beautiful chubby smile.

"I can understand, high school was hell." Vrishali agreed with Vijay.

Padmanabh strolled back to the table, he had excused himself to answer a business call. He watched Vrishali laugh, that laugh made her cheeks pop up. He pulled his chair and sat down beside Vrishali opposite Vijay and Harika.

"When they are going to serve the lunch? I'm hungry," Vijay whined as soon as he saw Padmanabh.

"They will be here in ten or more minutes, it will take time." Vijay groaned.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you say yes to this man? He is boring and doesn't involve much," Vijay asked Vrishali taking Padmanabh and Vrishali by surprise.

Vrishali doesn't know how to answer Vijay's question. Padmanabh is slightly interested in knowing the answer. He never asked her nor he is one of those people who would ask the question.

"Hmm, honestly I don't know," Vrishali answered awkwardly.

Harika raised her brow, "you don't know? How is that possible? Come on, there must be a reason for saying yes to him," Harika said.

Vrishali looked at Harika before turning her head to see Padmanabh. Their eyes met, she didn't gulp down the lump even though she wants to.

He is smoking hot sitting beside her looking at her with his trimmed beard and thick hair.