Chapter 44: That's A Lie.

Location: the Skeld, heading home

Black

She took a deep breath as she walked through the halls of the Skeld.

Red and White were tending to the ship, making sure it was ready for tomorrow's landing, and White had finally managed to get Pink out of MedBay to help them. Maroon was still paranoid of everyone, so they just left her alone.

In the meantime, Black was searching for Peach, whom she hadn't seen for quite some time. She held a tray of food in her hands, hoping that Peach would accept it as some sort of peace offering.

Opening the door of Admin, Black looked inside, and her gaze landed on Peach, who was finishing up with the card swipe task.

He's doing his tasks - that's a good sign, right?

He barely even glanced at her as he walked out of Admin, and Black suppressed a sigh as she realized that he was giving her the silent treatment.

Well, THAT'S mature.

She followed him to Reactor, where he started on the numbers task, and while he was preoccupied with that, she set the tray of food down on the table in Security and started writing on her tablet.

When he was finished, he quickly turned to walk away, but she stepped into the doorway, blocking his path.

Are you going to keep ignoring us like this?

"Yes."

With that, he pushed past her and went to do his next task.

Black sighed, walking after him while writing on her tablet again.

This is probably the most delayed confrontation ever.

This is why you shouldn't ask me to do conversations like this, RED.

... Imagine if I was an interrogator.

She took a deep breath and stood in Peach's way as he tried to leave Storage to fill up the gas.

Being this angry for so long must be tiring. We need to work together, Peach.

"How can I work with people who decided to keep valuable information from me? How can I stand beside those who brought that killer onto this ship??" Peach growled, his height intimidating Black as he stepped closer. "I'll forgive you when you can bring Indigo back, and until then, this is what you get."

He stormed past her, towards the engines, and Black blinked in shock, as if a freezing cold wave had just crashed over her.

"I'll forgive you when you can bring Indigo back"?

Indigo was the first person dead... and after that, Peach was so quick to accuse me and Red for his death, and the incidents following that.

He was friends with Indigo, wasn't he?

Black felt a stab of understanding.

Sighing, she composed another reply, continuing the most delayed confrontation ever known.

Look, I understand that you blame us for Indigo, I really do - but what if you focused that anger towards Silver and the organization that's doing this?

Peach paused for a moment as he filled up the gas. "That doesn't change the fact that you guys still led Silver onto this ship."

I know, and we'll spend the rest of our lives apologizing, although we know that doesn't change anything. But we still need your help if we're all going to make it out of this, and then you can go on avoiding us and hating us for the rest of your life, if that's what you want. We have to work together to try and stop any more people from getting killed like this.