Chapter 8: Fear? Psychopaths Don't Know Fear.

"Who are you suspecting?" Red's voice asked Pink as they both stood outside Communications, where Blue and Green were hiding.

Green and Blue both held their breath in the silence.

Please not me-

Please not me-

Pink took a deep breath. "I'm suspecting Blue at the moment, and possibly Brown as well."

… You have GOT to be kidding me.

Since it's apparently not enough for the imposter to be threatening me, I have to be a suspect too, eh? 

Is that how this works??

Green looked at Blue with worry. Since when did YOU care about me? Stop your pretending. 

"Why Blue?" Red questioned Pink.

Please defend me. You were with me last night. Please, Blue prayed.

"Well, she fought the imposter head-on, survived, and gave us information that led to Yellow being thrown out - whom we now know is NOT the imposter. Now that I'm thinking about it, Green vouched for Blue, so he's automatically on the suspect list as well."

Green's eyes widened. Anger? Fear?

Both?

What?

"Pink..." Red started.

"Okay, I get that you care about Blue, but she's still a suspect."

"Pink."

"I mean, how could you not?" She said sarcastically. "She's just the friendliest and sweetest soul out there."

"Pink."

"What?" Pink finally asked.

"I was with Blue last night - we both checked the wires with our own eyes, and the vent wire was not there then. There wasn't an instance where she wasn't out of my sight, until I made her go back to her room, and I never heard her door open again after that."

"... You do know we're technically not supposed to be walking around during quiet hours, right?"

"Yes, we were aware of the rules, and I ask that you don't tell anyone about that unless we're defending Blue - that might make us both more suspicious. And yes, I do care about Blue, but more… more like a father-friend-ish sort of thing? Does that make sense?"

Then, their voices started moving further down the hallway, with their footsteps following.

"It does - kind of. Honestly, I'm surprised that some people actually care about Blue." 

… wow.

I mean, you're justified, but it still kind of hurts.

From the short silence that followed, Blue assumed Red gave Pink some sort of look.

"What? She's impossible to tolerate! You and Black are saints for putting up with her for more than three seconds."

"... she's not a terrible person."

Wow. I'm honored to be thought of so highly. 

"Well, anyways," Pink continued, "so Blue is accounted for?"

"Correct."

"Well, she's still suspicious, but that's something to consider."

"Okay, how about Green and Brown?"