Chapter 11: Framing The Innocent

Blue

She and Red walked through the ship, checking up on all the systems in case of malfunctions.

No bodies. Good.

Well, not yet, at least.

Red finished checking the reactor, and then turned back to her. "Everything's good so far - all we need to check now is security and the cameras."

Blue nodded. They hadn't been making that much conversation along the way, but instead simply enjoying the peace and quiet.

Red suspected nothing from her, which was good. All Blue needed to do was check the ship for bodies, and then she could go back to sleep with a clear conscience.

She opened the door to security, and they both saw the cameras... off. They were usually up and running.

Is that... blood? Wha- oh my gosh.

Orange's body, covered in fresh blood, was curled up in the corner.

... I was too late.

Suddenly, Blue was slammed against the wall, and she felt herself being lifted up.

She struggled, but it was no use - without leverage, she couldn't fight much, not to mention Red being a lot stronger than her somehow.

... then how did he pass the test during the time where everyone was measured against me??

Realization came to her. He's skinnier than I am, so he used that as his excuse to get off the chopping block - he's the leader, so no one questioned him...

Smart.

"You did this," Red said, bringing Blue back to reality. "No one else is awake, and it's not me, so it HAS to be you!"

Fool, Blue thought, trying to stay calm despite her panic. Red's angry, emotional eyes were staring straight into her soul like knives.

... Wait a minute.

I'm SUPPOSED to be panicking.

"You don't have the best case either," she shot back, making herself visibly more frantic. "How am I supposed to know that you're not the imposter, hmm?"

"Tell me why I shouldn't throw you out the trash chute right this second."

Oh, you probably should - I might be the death of you one day, so it would be in your best interest to kill me.

"Well," Blue started, taking a deep breath as Red's grip got tighter on her shoulders. "You were with me for this past while - around fifteen minutes. The blood hasn't dried, which means that this kill is very fresh, so I couldn't have done it."

Red's gaze turned to the blood, which was indeed very fresh and hadn't dried at all. With that, he set Blue down.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't think that through," he apologized.

Blue nodded, not quite sure what to say. "It's okay, you were just acting on instinct. But, for goodness' sake, please lighten up on your grip - I think my shoulders are bruised or something."

Red didn't answer her, because he was inspecting Orange's body. "Still a little warm - yes, definitely fresh."

Then, he turned away, trying to hold himself together.

Blue took a deep breath, softly rubbing her more painful shoulder. I was too late. Green got to Orange.

Wait... She paused. Wasn't he going to go after Pink?