Chapter 9: Begone.

Blue

She and Black were walking around, finishing up their tasks after lunch.

Talon was sitting on Blue's shoulder, taking a nap on her head. 

She just wanted him near her, for the sake of comfort.

Black was finished, so she used her tablet to help them have another conversation while Blue did her tasks.

Did you notice Red and Pink earlier?

"... Yeah, what about them?"

While you were gone with Green, I overheard them discussing suspects.

"Who's on their list?" Blue asked, trying to sound curious.

I have 100% never heard this before. Absolutely not. Never thought it was a possibility. Making a suspect list? Never heard of them doing that. 

Currently, you, Green, and Brown.

Blue inhaled sharply, feigning fear and confusion. "Wait, why me?"

Wow, it's not like I'm helping the imposter or anything-

… you know, if anyone on the ship was a mind reader, I'd be totally screwed right about now.

They think it's suspicious that you fought the imposter and survived, along with other things.

"I mean… I got lucky. If Green hadn't been there, I would be dead right now."

You really did - so, Green. What's up with him? You give each other weird looks sometimes.

"Well, you know how I don't like people in general? He's on a lower level - I really don't like him. Like, I would throw him out the window if I could."

After he saved your life?

Oh, no, he RUINED my life.

"Well, he won't stop giving me s**t about it."

Understandable. Orange seems to think you two like each other - he told me earlier - but I'm not so sure.

"... Orange? Green's roommate?"

Yeah. Personally, I think Orange might be jealous.

… Orange liking Green? Well, Orange has terrible taste.

Outwardly, Blue smiled - just a little. "That'll sure be interesting."

Then, she decided to turn the tables on Black. "So, are you doing all right?"

Wow, I kind of sound like a normal person for once.

Black stood there for a long moment, thinking. 

Was I… not supposed to ask that? Blue looked at Black with confusion. This is what normal people ask the people they care about, right? 

She decided to clarify, "is that not what people normally ask?"

Finally, Black started to write something.

I honestly don't know. I've been pushing a lot of stuff to the back of my head, because I'm not sure how to deal with it right now... I'm just trying to take each moment at a time.

Upon the mention of supressed thoughts, something in Blue's mind slowly started to stir.

Memories? No. Not now.

Blue quickly focused her attention on Talon, who was still sleeping on her shoulder.

See, there's Talon. He's just fine. There's nothing wrong with him.