Chapter 53: You Wouldn't Dare.

Red

He sighed, knowing that he had long, agonizing days ahead of him.

Black came up to him with Talon in her arms, and she looked like she had something to say.

"What is it, Black?" Red asked her.

Well, right before the whole massacre happened, I discovered something about Green... When I was talking to him in the showers, he mentioned how much he cared about Blue, and I asked whether or not they had been friends. He confirmed my suspicions, and he even said that he cares about me because Blue would care about me if she was here. So, since they had apparently been friends, I asked him what Blue's real name was, and he knew that her name was Estelle.

So, I think Green has been telling the truth this entire time, and that Silver is wrong.

Red was a bit stunned by this discovery, but he considered it.

"Green does seem to have changed ever since we saw him last... and he didn't change up his story like a liar might have in his situation. I... Green did fool us all last time, so I wouldn't trust him just yet, but that is a good theory - might even be true."

Out of the corner of his eye, Red glimpsed Pink leaving Communications, and he beckoned her over to their conversation.

"Were you talking to Silver? " Red asked as she approached.

Pink sighed, shaking her head. "Yes, and she's being a lying, conniving b**ch. Keeps shifting between personas like it's a game."

"Wouldn't expect any less. Anyway, we think that Green probably was telling the truth from the very beginning," Red said, and then relayed Black's information to Pink.

"You know, I can kinda believe that, after the whole monster thing - still kinda salty about that, but anyway. What exactly do we say to Green now? What are we supposed to do in this situation?" Pink asked Red.

"I am not quite sure, this is a very unique situation - but I think starting off with an apology is the moral thing to do," Red muttered.

"I don't know, Green killed so many people - does he even deserve an apology? And does he even deserve to be trusted?"

"Well, he's evidently changed, if he was that close to Blue."

He has changed, Black insisted.

"We shouldn't simply trust him right off the bat," Pink chuckled, "let's not make that same mistake that we did with trusting Silver."

"Are we certain that Silver is not to be trusted?" Red asked Pink.

"Absolutely. To be safe, let's just not trust either of them."

Well, she did try to kill me, so I don't think we should have trusted Silver in the first place, Black reminded them.

"And this is why I hate myself," Pink muttered to herself. "Should have pressed harder for you guys not to trust her."

"Hey, hey, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Our mistake just happened to be a lot bigger than most other mistakes... We're idiots, aren't we?" Red realized.

"Yep," Pink stated bluntly. "We're all idiots, but I might be the biggest idiot of all."

Are you guys calling me an idiot too? Black asked, looking a little offended.

"No, no, you might be the smartest of all of us," Pink said, tilting her head at Black. "Maybe I should give you my detective ID instead... maybe the world would be better off."