Chapter 31: Please Don't Give Me An Existential Crisis.

Location: Mira HQ

Green

After the initial announcements and sizing up of their targets, everyone dispersed to start doing their tasks.

Green and Blue, on the other hand, strayed from the group to the Storage room off of Cafeteria.

In a low whisper, Green said, "this is going to be more difficult than the last one, since everyone's already paired up - including us."

"Hm," Blue muttered. "But we definitely get Gray first."

Green rolled his eyes. "That's an obvious one. And since very few people - if any - like Gray, that'll make her the easiest one to get away with."

Blue nodded at that, seeming to be deep in thought about something.

"What is it?" He asked her.

She opened her mouth, and then closed it again for a moment. "I just realized that neither of us know all that much about the other, but this doesn't seem like the time."

Green paused.

Wait a minute, she's right.

I consider her my friend, and we're even masquerading as a couple, but I don't even know her favorite color? Seriously?

... This is exactly why I can't have friends.

"I mean, we do have time to talk right now - once we start, there's no putting anything on hold, and we have to keep up appearances; but not necessarily right now. If anything, right now is the best time."

"That's true," Blue said, sitting down on the floor. Green followed suit as she asked, "so - favorite food?"

"... if I'm being honest, I haven't tasted many kinds of food in my life."

"Wait, why?"

"Well, I was cooped up in SSOUI for basically my entire life, and we never had that much variety when it came to food."

Blue pinched the bridge of her nose. "And I thought I was hopeless..."

"Hey, hey, we're both hopeless idiots in our own special ways, and that's perfectly fine."

"... okay, that's true, I'll give you that. Well, from your limited selections, what's your favorite food?"

"Probably baked potatoes with salt. How about you?"

"Simple. Well, I like waffles."

"What are... waffles?"

Blue stared at him for a long moment, and then rubbed her temples, sighing deeply. "You... you don't know what waffles are?"

"No... should I?"

She stared at the floor in disbelief, taking a while to process this new information. "They... they're basically graph pancakes."

Green furrowed his brow, trying to picture that. He did know what pancakes were, and he knew what graphs were (he wasn't uneducated, he knew his Algebra), but combining them was a rather difficult task.

Blue sighed. "Okay, different question: favorite color?"

"Yellow," Green immediately answered.

"Why?"

"... I dunno, it just gives me happy vibes."

"Interesting; I didn't know you were capable of that. Well, mine is blurple."