Sixty-Eight

*Brad P.O.V*

"Come on Brad. It's going to be okay. The bus is big enough for the three of you to travel on without having to see each other." Tris said, putting a hand on my back and trying to get me to leave the hotel.

We'd checked out of our rooms ages ago but I'd stayed sat in the reception area whilst everyone got the tour bus ready. I didn't want to see Reece or Maddie right now, I was too upset and mad to face talking to either of them.

"Besides, they're already on the bus. Maddie has gone into the back room and Reece is upstairs. You can have the whole of the front area without them." Con reassured me.

I'd seen everyone apart from Reece and Maddie - even Joe had come in multiple times to check on me. I'm pretty sure everyone had heard what had happened at this point, and everyone was being super kind to me.

"Okay, fine." I said, knowing there was no other alternative than me getting on that bus.

Con and Tris walked me out to where James was waiting at the door.

He nodded to us as we got on, following us in. Maddie must've heard us come on the bus for she appeared from the back room, looking extremely red eyed and sorry.

"Brad I'm so sorry, I- I didn't mean to, please can we talk this through." Maddie said, but I just looked at her coldly.

It hurts, all of this. I love her, I love her to pieces. She means the complete and utter world to me yet last night I saw her kissing her supposed 'best friend', a man I never worried about being so close to her because I didn't think anything would happen between them. A man she promised me she would never do anything with because they were nothing more than just friends. And to be cold with her now hurts just as much - part of me wants to forgive her, but part of me wants to yell and cry at her for what she did. I know she was drunk, so was Reece, and that's what drove them to kiss. Neither of them were in the right frame of mind. But what sucks is it still happened and nothing can change that.

"Maddie, come on." Con said, walking over to her and guiding her by the shoulders back to the other room. "We can deal with this when we're home and you can have a private conversation okay?" I heard him saying as they disappeared.

James and Tris sat down with me on the sofa where Harvey was already sat.

"Morning." I said, smiling weakly.

"Hey man. How are you doing?" He asked, smiling sympathetically.

"Been better." I said.

"That's understandable. Just know you're not alone, all of us lads have got your back through this. I promise you she didn't mean it. I had a chat with her earlier before you came on, she's beside herself. She doesn't even remember doing it but knows it must be true because of all that's happened this morning." Harvey said.

The fact that she doesn't remember doing it gives me a bit of hope. Surely if she really felt something for Reece then she would remember kissing him at least, no matter if she forgot everything else.

"Thank you, man." I smiled slightly, nodding and trying not to cry. I knew when we get home I would have to face her and have a conversation about what has happened, and that terrified me.

***

I stood around, unsure of what to do with myself. The lads and crew members were dealing with all the baggage and Maddie was sat at the back of the bus still, this time talking to Joe. He'd got on our bus as soon as we were back at James' to have a conversation with her before she came out and faced me.

I stood shuffling between my feet and twiddling my hands, trying to stop myself from crying and being sick with worry and upset. This whole situation was pure and utter shit. I just wish it had never happened so that we could be completely normal right now - I just wanted to be stepping off the tour bus and laughing and joking with her, then going back to my house to chill and cuddle with her, being able to just kiss her whenever I felt like it and hold her. But now that was all gone, and the connection between us was bitter.

Although if she can prove to me that the kiss was nothing but a drunken mistake and there is 100% no feelings involved for either party then maybe, just maybe we can fix this.

At that moment, I saw Joe emerge from the tour bus, followed by a puffy eyed and sobbing Maddie. I hated seeing her like this, it was making me realise that this really was just a big mistake like the boys were all telling me.

I hadn't seen Reece at all today - he had left straight away when we got back, he got a lift from a close mate. I cant blame him, he probably feels awkward being here because everyone knows he kissed my girlfriend. He is a sweet guy but I can't help but be angry with him for what he did.

Joe said something quickly to James who nodded and said something back before he came over to me.

"James has said you and Maddie can go in his house to talk it over now." Joe said. "The sooner you do it, the better it'll be."

I nodded, knowing I had been avoiding her all day and it was time to face her. "Okay, let's go." I said.

"Follow me." Joe said, and he beckoned Maddie to follow him as well.

We wondered inside and stopped in the hallway. Kirstie was luckily out at work so the house was empty, everyone out the front.

"I'll leave you to it. We're all right outside if you need." Joe said, and he walked out.

I looked at Maddie and she looked back, both of us unsure of what to say or do.

"You look like you need a hug." I finally spoke up.

Maddie smiled a bit. "So do you." She said.

I held out my arms, giving in. She was my baby and I just wanted to hold her right now no second thoughts for what's she had even done.

Maddie wasted no time - within seconds she was in my arms, and we held onto each other tighter than we ever have before.

A/N

Heyaaa

Word of warning: this is almost over now. Not many chapters left to go. However I have other works coming soon so keep an eye out for those.

Hope you're all okay and thank you for reading! :)

Ebony xx