Fourty-Eight

*Brad P.O.V*

I woke up to an empty bed and the sound of muffled, faint music coming from somewhere nearby. I looked around the room. I don't even remember half of what happened last night, it was a mad one. And where has Maddie gone, why isn't she here-

I rolled over in bed, searching for something to wear. I jumped out of bed, and pulled on a hoodie and a pair of joggers. My head started spinning, I honestly felt rough today. I hadn't been as drunk as I was last night in a long time.

When I opened the bedroom door, the music was louder. I recognised the song - it was one of Maddie's favourite 5SOS songs... Talk Fast, I think it's called? I do try my best to learn and remember what Maddie tells me about 5SOS, seeing as she loves them so much.

I walked down the hallway. Tris' bedroom door was open and he wasn't inside. He must be downstairs with Maddie or something. As I wondered downstairs, I could smell some sort of food cooking.

"Morning to the now not birthday boy." Tris said as I walked in.

"Morning." I chuckled. Tris was stood over by the oven, and Maddie was sat on the side on the opposite side of the kitchen. I walked right up to her, and she smiled at me, giving me a kiss.

"Good morning." She said.

"Good morning." I said. "What are you making?" I turned to look at Tris. Maddie put her arm around me and hugged me from behind.

"A fry up. We're all hung over, thought we needed one." Tris said.

"That's a good shout." I said. "Nothing beats a fry up.  What time is it?"

"4pm." Maddie said. "You slept in a long time."

"I wonder why." Tris said, smirking and turning to look at the oven.

"Um-" Maddie said, and I looked between them both, confused.

"What... do you mean?" I asked, trying to put the pieces together.

"Let's just say, you two weren't exactly that quiet last night." Tris said, and then the penny dropped. I suddenly remembered everything that happened last night when we arrived home, and... I knew we hadn't been quiet. That's what too much alcohol does I guess- I totally forgot Tris lived here as well.

"Oh my god." I said, and Maddie put her head on my shoulder, laughing.

"No judging." Tris said, shrugging, but I could see he was trying not to laugh.

"I'm so sorry you had to put up with that." I said. "That's so embarrassing."

"Hey, look on the bright side. It could've been worse. Imagine if you'd have been at Maddie's." Tris said.

"STOP NO- imagine." Maddie exclaimed, and she shook her head.

"Thank god we weren't." I said.

"Brad, could you get some plates and stuff, it's practically ready." Tris said.

"Of course." I said, moving away from Maddie to get the things we needed.

***

Tris started making a video of us three for his insta story - he was on one sofa, whilst me and Maddie were on the other, we were all under blankets and watching netflix. A few seconds later I got the notification that he'd mentioned us in his story.

I clicked on it to add it to my story as well. He'd posted it with the caption "hangovers are lovely".

"The sarcasm in your story." Maddie laughed, adding it to her own story too.

Tris yawned, "sarcasm king." He said.

"Babe, can I post these from last night?" Maddie asked, showing me a couple of pictures we'd taken yesterday/last night.

"Of course, I love them. I'm going to post them too. We all got some really decent photos last night." I said.

I went through my camera roll, selecting pictures from last night to put up on Instagram. I needed to do a thank you post for all the birthday love from everyone, so I decided to accompany it with pictures from last night.

We'd all got a group photo at the booth near the beginning of the night before we were all very pissed, all 10 of us together, and I really liked it. We all looked like a bunch of twats, but it worked.

"I'm going to have a piss, want anything?" Maddie said.

Tris burst out laughing. "'I'm going to have a piss' you so casually said that."

I chuckled. "You don't see this side of her, but this is what she's really like. This is what I have to put up with." I said, and Maddie smacked my arm lightly.

"You're so mean." She said.

"You know I love you really." I kissed her cheek. "I don't want anything thanks." I took my arms from around her and she got up and left.

"Why did I drink so much last night. My head is killing me." Tris groaned.

"You're not alone. Have you spoken to Connor at all today?" I asked. "He feels rough as hell. Looks it too."

"We all know what Con gets like tho. He loves a night out." Tris laughed.

"So true." I said.

I lied staring at the ceiling, thinking about falling asleep again. Today had been the laziest day ever, but we needed it to recover for tomorrow. Me and the lads have an interview and a photoshoot early in the morning, and I can assure you Joe won't be happy if we all turned up looking like zombies. I hope we all shake this hangover by the morning.

"I was convinced you were asleep then." I heard Maddie's voice again. She was back.

I moved my head and looked at her, smiling. "I could quite easily fall asleep I ain't gonna lie."

Maddie smiled and came over to me. I moved my arm so that she could lie down with me again. I snaked my arms back around her waist and pulled her in close, resting my head in the crook of her neck.

"Although this is my hoodie, it smells completely of you now." I laughed. She's practically stolen this hoodie she's wearing from me - she wears it a lot.

"That's a real shame, I prefer it when it smells of you." Maddie said.

"Alright, remember I still exist." Tris said, making us both laugh.

A/N

Another late night upload, 2:30am. Please, it's half term so I'm not at school and I'm barely sleeping🤣

I also started rewatching Pretty Little Liars tonight, I haven't watched it since 2018 and it's weird watching it again.

Okay, have a nice day/night, and thank you for reading 😊

Ebony xx