Nineteen

*Maddie P.O.V*

We walked along the pavement hand in hand. Brad had sent me a text this morning asking if I wanted to go out tonight, so I'd grabbed a change of clothes to get ready at Reece's before going to Brad's.

I hadn't heard from Connor in a while, something I was confused at. However, he knows I'm with Brad, so I wonder if that's why he's laid off a little.

"It's so peaceful." I said, looking around. It was quiet, hardly anyone was around. We were headed back to Brad's car to go back to his place.

"It is. It's nicer when there isn't people around everywhere." Brad replied.

We reached his car and he opened the door for me. He then got in himself and wasted no time starting the engine and driving off.

"It's later than I thought." I said in surprise as I checked my phone.

"Do you want to go home or did you want to stay at mine tonight?" Brad asked, and then quickly backtracked, as if he was panicking. "It's no bother, I can drop you home if you want."

"Brad, it's okay." I said, giggling. "I'll stay at yours if that's okay? I don't have anything though."

"We can stop at yours on the way?" Brad asked.

"Umm... yeah, just so I can grab a few things." I nodded.

We were soon at Con's.

"Maddie?" I heard Con call out.

I poked my head around the living room door. "Hey, I'm back but I'm not staying long. Getting some stuff and going to Brad's." I said.

"Oh okay, is Brad with you?" Con asked.

I moved out the way so Brad could walk in the room. "Here." He said.

"I'll be right back, give me 5 mins." I said, and I ran upstairs.

I grabbed a change of clothes, something to sleep in, and simple items like my toothbrush, hairbrush, makeup, etc. I chucked it all into a small bag and headed back downstairs.

"Ready." I said as I entered the room again, and Brad stood up from his place on the sofa.

"Have a nice night." Connor said, and he winked at Brad.

"I will kick your little head straight off your shoulders." I warned, earning laughs from all three of them. We said goodbye to both Con and Luce before leaving again.

The drive back to Brad's went pretty quickly, and before we knew it we were there. "I think Tris might still be out." Brad told me as I grabbed my bag from the backseat.

"Oh okay, I thought the place looked a bit dark." I said. I'd never seen the house this quiet.

Brad unlocked the front door and we entered, turning on the lights. "Let's take your bag upstairs first." He said, and we both wondered up to his room.

"It's weird being somewhere else. To sleep, I mean. I'm so used to my room." I said, looking around again. I actually love Brad's room, I'm not sure if I'll get used to it for a while. The music side of things - the band framed achievements on the wall, instruments, records/CD's etc. That was my favourite part of the room. It really reflects his job, the thing he loves.

"I bet this is very different to your room." Brad said.

"Oh, very. But I love it still." I said, and I turned to face him. "I forgot you haven't ever been in my room, have you?"

"Nope. Well, I've seen parts of it in your youtube videos, and also when I FaceTimed you the other day." Brad said.

"You watch my videos?" I questioned, taken aback. I never thought he would even have been remotely interested in watching them.

"No, I didn't watch your YouTube channel." Brad said sarcastically. As I laughed, he pulled me in for a cuddle, kissing the top of my head. "Okay, I was thinking we could go and get some food and drink and then come up here and watch more of 13 Reasons Why?" Brad suggested.

I pulled back to look at him, my eyes wide. "That's the best idea I've heard all day" I smiled. I've developed a little obsession with 13 Reasons Why now, although I wasn't sure if it was the show, or the fact that it gives me an excuse to cuddle up to Brad.

We made our way downstairs. Brad opened a cupboard and pulled out different sweets, chocolates, and crisps. "Take your pick." He laughed.

We gathered a little combination before heading back to his room.

Brad started singing the lyrics to Paper Hearts as he sat on the bed.

"Are you singing the lyrics to one of your own songs?" I asked, sitting down next to him, leaning against the headboard, facing the TV.

He smiled. "No, you must've heard wrong."

"Yeah, definitely." I said. Brad turned on the TV and switched over to Netflix. I loved how engaged he was in what I wanted to do. He's been like this for months - anything I like, he's showed interest in. I always thought it was just to be kind, but clearly it was because he liked me. Anyhow, it's one of the many things I love about him. Plus, he probably likes 13 Reasons Why now I've got him to watch the first few episodes.

I knew I was going to love tonight. I mean, who could hate chilling and watching Netflix with your boyfriend - especially when your boyfriend is Brad Simpson.