Fourteen

*Maddie P.O.V*

I jumped off my bed and ran to my desk to turn the music up on my Alexa. Mrs All American by 5SOS had started - a superior song.

I fell back onto my bed, singing alone to the song. I grabbed my phone, deciding to spam Reece's Snapchat with videos to piss him off so he could have fun going through and opening all of them.

I kept dancing around my room to various songs, partying my little socks off alone. Well, I guess Reece was experiencing it through Snapchat video but it's not the same.

The music got cut off as my phone rang. Brad.

"Hey!" I said, trying to sound as normal as possible, despite being out of breath.

"Hey. You sound cheerful." Brad laughed.

"Yeah, I guess. I was just having a little party in my room."

"I'll have to join you sometime." Brad replied.

"Are you flirting with me, Bradley Will Simpson?" I asked, sitting on my bed. I could literally visualise the smirk on his face right now.

"Maybe. Anyway, I rang to ask if you wanted to meet me later tonight." I heard him ask, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

I tried to keep my voice normal, ignoring the instant butterflies that had become present in my stomach.

"Of course, yeah, that would be lovely." I smiled.

Brad chuckled. "Awesome. Mind if I pick you up for 7 and bring you to the studio? I've got something I want to show you." He said.

"Are you going to show me what you and the others have been doing there for the past two days?" I asked curiously.

"Yep, I know you're eager to find out." Brad laughed.

"Well then yes, 100%." I said.

"Awesome, see you later." He said.

"Bye!" I said. I threw my phone onto the bed and jumped up in shock. "Oh my god!" I said.

"Mads? You good?" I heard Con shout from downstairs.

Shit. I forgot I live with Con.

"Brad just called me and asked me- oh hi." I said, stopping in my tracks in the living room door when I saw James and Tris were there too.

"Oh, we know." Con smirked at me, and James and Tris were smiling to themselves. I had a million thoughts racing through my mind.

"When did you get here?" I asked Tris and James.

"Whilst you were screaming like a banshee in your bedroom." Connor said.

"Shut up you." I said, chucking the nearest pillow at him.

"Oi you, go get ready for your date." Connor retaliated.

"It's not a date!" I said, shocked.

"It is." All three of them said.

"It isn't!" I said, although the smile was clearly showing on my face.

"See! You know it is. Now go! Wear something nice." Con said.

"You don't have to tell me twice." I said, turning and running back upstairs.

***

I checked myself over once more in the mirror. I'd paired a pair of black ripped jeans with a crop top and a black leather jacket. My hair was done up and my makeup was all done. It's like - not too casual but not over the top.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and smiled at myself in the mirror. I knew Brad was downstairs with the others, Con had messaged me. I just had to make sure I was 100% ready to face him.

I wonder what the hell is going to happen tonight.

I headed downstairs, and took a deep breath before walking around the corner and entering the room.

"You look nice." Connor teased.

"Shut up." I said, turning my attention to Brad. "Hey."

"Hey." He replied, smiling. He got up and came to give me a hug.

I made eye contact with Con who just kept pulling the smirky face he's been giving me for the past week.

"You ready to leave?" Brad asked.

"He's eager isn't he." James muttered to Con and Tris, but loud enough for us to hear.

"You're lucky I like you." Brad said to James, and he laughed. "Let's go." He said to me, smiling and holding out his hand to signal for me to walk out first.

"Bye!" I said to the others.

"Have fun! But not too much fun..." Con yelled after us.

"Fuck off Connor!" I said, giving Brad a wide eyed, embarrassed look.

I went outside first, followed by Brad.

"Hop in." He said, and we both got into the car.

"So, am I still not allowed to know what you're going to show me?" I asked, looking at him.

"Nope. You've gotta wait til we're at the studio. However, did I tell you you look stunning?" Brad asked.

I blushed. "Thank you." I said.

He smiled at me and turned on the engine, pulling away from the house.

"Connor said you've been very happy today." Brad said.

"Oh I have been! Ever since I woke, I don't know why I've just been on Cloud Nine all day." I said.

"Well, seems like I picked a good day to take you out then." Brad said, and I smiled, glad he couldn't see it for the dark of the night.

"You did." I said.

Being sat in the car with Brad, going on our first date I guess you'd call it... it felt amazing. I looked at him, not quite believe what was happening right now. He made eye contact with me and I looked away, embarrassed. He chuckled quietly, looking forward at the road. It was peaceful in the car - we'd fallen silent and weren't talking, but having his company was really comforting.

Man this guy sat next to me owns my heart already.