Seven

*Maddie P.O.V*

"Oh no baby don't lie, when you say that you'll be mine. I can't look in your eyes, cuz I fall a thousand times." Brad sang. I was stood up dancing around with him, I mean why not make the most of this. He doesn't sing directly to me like ever so I'm going to use it to my full advantage.

"You're way too good to be true." I sang with him, and we both smiled at each other.

When the song finished, Brad went and grabbed another mic.

"Alright, I'm gonna have to have some help with this one." He said, handing me the mic.

"What song?" I asked, and Brad nodded to the others.

"Don't take it personal, but personally I think you'd be better with somebody like me." He started singing. Of course, this is the perfect song for us to sing together. I can take Maggie's parts, and the boys all know how much I love this song.

For the chorus, I went over to Con and Brad went over to James, just so I could dance around Con and annoy him like I was born to do. He just kept laughing and singing along with us.

As my queue started, I caught Brad's eye and made my way over to him, singing. We made our way back to the front again just before the chorus. "I'm sick and tired of being friends." I am. "I'm sick and tired of being there. And I know if I never try, I'll be sick and tired of being sick and tired." Could me and Brad work?

I had been enjoying this song way too much, and finally the last chorus rolled around.

"So, don't take it personal but personally, I think you'd be better with somebody like me." We stood close, facing each other and eyes locked. I didn't even care that the other three, including my brother, were literally stood where they could see us both clearly. I may be putting on a bit of a show, but they know me, I could easily pass it off as me showing off.

I finished singing as Brad sang the final lines by himself. Then we started clapping and Connor cheered.

"You might just have to join us on tour to sing that with me." Brad laughed.

"She would be disappointed if I took her place." I smiled, shaking my head.

"I mean, the fans would love it though. The sexual tension between you both." Con said, and winked over in James and Tris' direction.

What does he mean by that...

"Oh shut up." I laughed, putting the mic back where Brad got it from originally. "I was enjoying myself."

"Yeah I bet you were." Con smirked.

"I'll hit you!" I warned, and flashed Brad a quick glance. He was slightly red and looked away, smiling. Am I really missing something here?

I began to slightly panic that Con and the others had figured me out. Especially just then, I let myself go a bit... maybe I let myself go too much?

No, don't think like that. Calm, act normal unless Con ever asks you outright if you like him.

*Brad P.O.V*

Earlier was crazy. The chemistry between us as we sang, I've started to get vibes that she's starting to feel the same way as I do. I didn't think it would happen this fast, but I've really fallen for Maddie - hard.

I get so nervous around her though, I feel like nothing I do will be good enough and that I'd never be able to make her like me. I mean, why would she?

"Hey man," I said, as Tris arrived back with the shopping cart. He'd been to get the alcohol for tomorrow night. We're having our party to celebrate the album being complete. Seeing as we're hosting it at our place, me and Tris have ventured out to grab the stuff for it seeing as we don't have a lot back at ours.

"Hey. I've grabbed all this, do you reckon we need anymore?" Tris asked.

"Nah, I know Con, James and Blake are bringing some alcohol along as well so we should be fine unless we all wanna be pissed out of our minds." I laughed.

"That would be fun though." Tris laughed.

"It would be. So there's going to be 10 of us there." I said. Maddie, Luce, Kirstie, Reece, Blake and George would also be joining us four. "So we're going to need plenty of food and stuff for people to eat."

Everyone's getting to ours at 7, and then we're just going to hang out and have fun until whatever time people want to leave/fall asleep. I imagine most people will just crash at ours, in the bedrooms or in the living room.

I was preparing myself for tomorrow night - I vowed not to get too drunk so that I didn't do anything I would later regret (with Maddie) and I also prepared for her to be drunk and I didn't know what was to happen when she was drunk. She gets pretty unpredictable - I love it, but I had myself prepared.

My phone went off and I pulled it out to check. Maddie?

Maddie: Thank you for today, at the studio. It was really fun. Best time I've had in a long time. Hoping we can do that more often. See you tomorrow! Xx

I smiled, and started to type a reply.