Epilogue

And here we are, the true last chapter. The Epilogue. This journey has been amazing, I couldn't be more grateful for you guys and I really hope you enjoy this!

Don't worry though, I'm trying my best to get some one-shots written. I'll post here to let you guys know when they're up but they'll be under a separate story. And again, if you have something you would like to see, interactions with certain characters, let me know and I'll be sure to write it!

Words: 974

_________

"Lenora? Lenora, where are you?" Rushed footsteps echo through the otherwise empty house. The books previously resting on the coffee table lie scattered on the floor but Devyn moves past them without a second glance. "Nora?"

A giggle follows Devyn's voice. The woman smiles softly and slows her movements. "Hm, I wonder where she could be?" She says in a purposely loud voice. Another soft laugh sounds through the air and Devyn follows the noise into the next room.

"Well, I don't see her in here," Quietly, Devyn moves through her husband's office and towards the bookshelf. She silently crouches down to the closed cabinet and grasps onto the handles.

With a gasp, she pulls the doors open to reveal the small child hiding inside. "There you are!" She smiles widely when the face of her grinning daughter greets her. Her long, light brown hair frames her face, her cheeks tinted red from holding back laughter. "You sneaky little money."

"But you still found me, mommy," Climbing out of the cabinet, Lenora stands and clumsily wipes a strand of hair from her bright brown eyes.

"I did, didn't I?"

"You're smart," Lenora tells her confidently. "Like daddy."

"Ooh, not many people are smart like daddy is," Devyn shakes her hand and grabs onto her daughter's hands. "And speaking of, I saw you knocked his books onto the floor."

"I-I was going to pick them up," Lenora stumbles slightly over her words, once again moving her hair out of her eyes. "But I had to hide."

"That's okay, we can go do it now. Dad should be home soon," Leading her daughter out of the office, Devyn takes her into the living room and together they pick the books off the floor before stacking them back onto the coffee table. "Now, you want to help me with dinner?"

"Yes!" Jumping up with joy, Lenora rushes into the kitchen, leaving a smiling Devyn to catch up with her.

Removing all the needed ingredients, Devyn mixes everything together with her daughter's help and has dinner in the oven when the front door opens. "I'm home!" Spencer calls out from the living room. He removes his bag from his shoulder and rests it on the couch before joining his wife and daughter in the kitchen. "Wow, that smells great." He says while greeting Devyn with a kiss before running a hand over Lenora's hair.

"You're daughter did most of the work,"

"Is that right?" Spencer asks, turning to Lenora in time to see her nodding proudly. "I take it you two had a good day?"

"Amazing. How was class?"

"The usual," Spencer shrugs. "Half the students were late, the other half were asleep."

"I'm sure not all of them were," Devyn chuckles. "Don't take it personally, hun. They're just exhausted from other classes and I'm sure working minimum wage jobs."

"Yeah," Spencer sighs. "They're all mostly passing, so." Spencer gives another shrug before looking to Lenora who listens to them patiently. "How was school, darling?"

"Lucy got a haircut," The young child informs her parents who both share a look. "And Jeremy said his mommy has a baby in her belly. He's going to have a baby brother soon." With a thoughtful look, Lenora looks to Devyn. "Mommy, do you have a baby in your belly?"

"No, sweetie, I don't," Devyn shakes her head softly. Spencer looks between her and Lenora.

"Do you want a baby brother or sister?" He asks his daughter and the girl nods without hesitation. "Well, I mean, the princess wants it..." Spencer trails off and turns to Devyn, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Are you telling me you want another kid?"

"You don't?"

Looking over her husband's shoulder, Devyn watches her daughter carefully coloring in her coloring book. "Honestly? I'd be happy with more than just one more."

"Oh, okay," Spencer grins and leans forward to connect his lips with Devyn's. "In that case..."

"Alright," Chuckling, Devyn gently pushes Spencer away from her to check the food. "We'll talk about this later. Richard's almost here."

"Grandpa?" Devyn covers her mouth to silence her loud laugh and Spencer shakes his head. It had been a joke at first, telling Lenora that's who Richard was. But she's refused to call him anything else since.

"Yes, dear, grandpa," Spencer nods to his daughter while his wife tries to contain her giggles. "You know, I don't think he minds it, actually."

"Of course not, he loves it," Devyn nods in agreement. "He'll just never admit it."

Moments later, Richard enters the house and Lenora is out of her chair in seconds, rushing to meet him. "Grandpa!" She shouts in glee and jumps into the man's arms. He groans playfully but he holds her up with his arms wrapped around her.

"Hey, bug," Richard greets the enthusiastic child equally so. "Growing like a weed, I see." Setting her down, Richard ruffles Lenora's hair before moving to hug Devyn.

"Mommy measured me! I grew an inch!"

"Wow, really?"

"Yup," Lenora nods. "Can I show him, mommy?"

"Of course," Devyn nods and nudges Lenora in the direction of her room. The door frame serves as their measuring board, Devyn and Spencer mark it every time Lenora grows an obvious height. The little girl loves it.

"She'll be a great big sister," Spencer rests his chin on Devyn's shoulder, his arms around her waist. His words are whispered into her ear and Devyn smiles.

"Yeah, she would be," She whispers back to him. "But to a boy or a girl?"

"Why not both?"

Laughing, Devyn turns in Spencer's arm and cups his cheeks. "Both it is."

__________

1. It may be short, but it's very wholesome.
2. They had a girl! It's so freaking cute. And she is smart like Spencer.
3. Grandpa Richard!
4. They want more kids!
5. Spencer and Devyn have been through a lot, but they got the happy ending they deserve.

The one-shots I have planned are for before this story started, scenes for between chapters and maybe even after the epilogue.

Thanks for reading this story! I hope you guys loved it as much as I do! I'm so grateful for you guys and all the kind words you have shown me throughout this journey!

__

'-'