Picture Frame

Thanks for reading! The comments last chapter were amazing!

Oh, and Garcia didn't actually run a background check on Devyn. Of course she wanted to but she didn't...pretty sure that would've been illegal. But what do I know about the legal system? Point is, she didn't do it.

Words: 1,812

____________________

When Devyn wakes the next morning, her head feels much better. There's still a dull ache radiating from her forehead, but it's bearable. She yawns and rubs her face when she sits up in bed-wait. Looking around, Devyn's eyebrows furrow. How-?

She remembers Richard bringing her to his house and watching tv but then she draws a blank. What she does know is that the blanket on this bed is really soft. She wonders if he'll notice if it goes missing.

When the smell of food being cooked reaches her nose, Devyn climbs out of bed and treads into the kitchen. "Never took you for a morning person." She mumbles to a very awake Richard who turns to look at her.

"You know there's a bird's nest on your head?" He asks before turning back to the eggs he's cooking. He can almost hear the face Devyn makes and the way her hands fly of to her messy bed head.

"You have short hair, that's easy," She grumbles and slides into one of the barstools. "I didn't know you could cook either." She says when he slides a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon towards her.

"Apparently there's a lot you don't know about me."

"Apparently," Devyn mumbles before shoving a bite of scrambled eggs into her mouth.

"How's your head?" Richard makes his own plate before joining her at the counter.

"Feels great," She answers sarcastically, pausing to look up at his raised eyebrow. "It's better. Thanks for...letting me stay."

"You can crash here whenever you want, kid." They lapse into a somewhat awkward silence after Richard's words. Devyn slowly picks at her food while glancing around the house. She hadn't seen much of it last night but it really is nice. Homey in a way but also very, clean? Impersonalized.

"We're supposed to work again today." Devyn breaks the silence after a while. Richard is shaking his head before she can finish speaking.

"You're not, doctors orders."

"I'm dating a doctor, I could get a second opinion."

"Your FBI agent isn't a medical doctor and second opinion or not," Richard looks up and looks into Devyn's eyes. "You are not working today."

Devyn bites her tongue to percent herself from retorting. If she's being honest, she's in no rush to get back to work but what else is she supposed to do? "I don't have to go in either, you know." Richard states casually after a pregnant pause.

"No," Devyn shakes her head and sighs. "That's okay. I'm a big girl, I can watch myself for a day. Been doing it for a while now." Since before she was big, but she doesn't say that.

"Well, I don't go in until later, you can hang around," Standing, Richard grabs his empty plate and rinses it off. "If you want."

"Uh," Devyn looks around, waiting to answer on purpose. "Sure, got nothing else to do."

After finishing breakfast, Devyn tries to help Richard clean but he waves her away. Her head gives an annoying throb of pain so she backs off and takes to wandering around the house. She figures if he doesn't want her to, he'd tell her to stop.